cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon in Data View in Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For one of the requirements in our project in SCM 7.0, in the background SNP run we select the option of "Location (Heuristic) + Take into account found components in planning run". When we want to run interactively in the Planning Book, we want an icon to replicate this selection combination of "Location (Heuristic) + Take into account found components in planning run".

I am aware that I do not want to use "Multilevel Heuristics" icon in the Planning book because "Multilevel Heuristics" icon corresponds to "Network (Heuristic) + Take into account found components in planning run".

I would appreciate if anyone could provide an insight.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

What you are asking might be resolved with some enhancement. In this case, the location heuristic in interactive planning would take care of components as well.

Is this what you are looking for?

Also one opinion on this - unless this interactive planning is required very frequently, it's advisable not to touch the interactive planning. Your changes could be global (need to check this after finding out a Badi), meaning that whenever network heuristics is run, it would ALWAYS consider components for planning.

PS: Having a different icon is only possible using a macro, which means you create a macro which runs heuristics and also takes care of component level planning. Might be possible, but I would advise against this, as you could possibly have many issues in trying to replicate the standard Heuristics scenario, plus your system performance also could go for a toss.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan

Your understanding of my requirement is correct. I would like to perform Loc Heuristics+component planning directly from Planning Book.

With the constant need to perform interactive planning, the end users have been executing SNP interactively for more than 2 years now and are OK with it. (although nightly batch job run additionally)

I also understand that I do not want to replicate the integrated build of what SAP would do behind putting an icon out in the planning book.

Based on your suggestion, a BADI might be an option.

Thanks for your input.

If anyone can provide a native std fix of it, that would be most optimal!

Regards

Sam

Answers (0)