SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM account assignment NOT_RELEVANT/1001010000/9100400000/4900770000/1000000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been getting the below error when I am trying to post the document:

FM account assignment NOT_RELEVANT/1001010000/9100400000/4900770000/1000000000/NOT_RELEVANT cannot be posted in posting ledger 9A

Message no. FMBS123

Diagnosis

The budget structure settings do not allow posting to the FM account assignment NOT_RELEVANT/1001010000/9100400000/4900770000/1000000000/NOT_RELEVANT. The check of the budget structure ended with the return code 1.

The system recognizes the following return codes for the check of posting addresses:

Return code 1:

The option of check of posting addresses is check posting address list only or check both addresses(posting and derived budget addresses). However, FM account assignment NOT_RELEVANT/1001010000/9100400000/4900770000/1000000000/NOT_RELEVANT is missing in the budget structure. Insert this account assignment in the budget structure for the posting ledger 9A.

Return code 2:

The option of check of posting addresses is check derived budget address only or do not check addresses, but the validation of posting addresses does not allow posting on this address. Check the implementation of the Business Add-In (BAdI) Validate Budget and Posting Addresses in BS.

Return code 3:

The FM account assignment NOT_RELEVANT/1001010000/9100400000/4900770000/1000000000/NOT_RELEVANT leads to a conflict when you define a grouping key within the context of the budget structure. Check the implementation of the Business Add-In (BAdI) Define Grouping Key.

Return code 4:

The derivation strategy used for deriving the budget address from the posting address derives an invalid budget address. You can use the program for displaying of budget structure settings to find out which derivation strategy is used. Check the Derivation Strategy for Budget Addresses in Customizing. This error may also be caused by inconsistent customizing of active FM account assignment elements in BCS and FM. This can be checked in IMG activity Activate Account Assignment Elements in Budget Control System.

System Response

Processing stops.

Procedure

Check the budget structure settings according to the given return code.

Could someone help me. I went through the sdn help and did the required changes. But, still it is having the same problem. Can someone help me?

Regards

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you run reports FMBSBO_DATA - Display Inconsistencies in Budget Addresses and FMBSPO_DATA - Display Inconsistencies in Posting Address to investigate the problem.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

looks like you have activated the Posting address check in the system. System always triggers this meesgae when you activate the Posting address check in system.

Either you de activate this functionality (Do not check posting address ) in configuration or maintain the possible posting address in transaction code FMBSPO.

Warm Regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you need to maintain posting addres

0 Kudos

Hi

I have already maintained the configuration at FMBSPO. But, still I am getting the same error.

Could you please let me know what else I need to do. In the error, it is shows the error code 1. It also says, " Insert this account assignment in the budget structure for the posting ledger 9A."

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi,

Code 1 implies maintance of the address via FMBSPO, which you say, you did. Please, check if the year and the ledger that you maitained are the one which are shown in the message. Also, the address mentioned in your message looks very odd: what is this 'not_relevant' thing?

What kind of document you are trying to post?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi

I am basically posting a document from Treasury which is a simple FI document. I am getting this error while doing so.

Interestingly, when I try to post the document in 2011, I am not having this error. Is there anything I should do for 2012?

NOT_RELEVANT is relating to Grant Management, I believe.

Thanks and Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Well, it's either in 2011 the 'posting check address' is not flagged or you are still missing the address in 2012. Please, note that address are year-dependent, i.e. you have to define it per each year.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you run reports FMBSBO_DATA - Display Inconsistencies in Budget Addresses and FMBSPO_DATA - Display Inconsistencies in Posting Address to investigate the problem.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi

I ran both.. I am getting blank results

0 Kudos

Okay. Now run FMBSBOS and FMBSPOS to see whether you get anything.

If the above reports do not show anything, that means you do not have budget and posting structure. Then, just go ahead and run FMBSCPY to copy last year's structure. You run this program twice: first run, choose 'Posting addresses'; second run, choose 'Derived budget addresses.

If FMBSBOS and FMBOSPOS do show smoe addresses, I would recommend deleting them and run the copy program.

Edited by: Minghong Ji on Jan 31, 2012 12:07 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions. I did run the program and try to post the document. I am still getting the same error

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I believe that one or more derivation rules created in your company are responsible for this change that generates error FMBS123. You can activate the Trace tool for FMDERIVE and retest your issue.

This is a customer tool where you can analyze the derivation log and find out how the Account Assignment objects are determined (values after and before the derivation process).

See note 666322 "Derivation tool in the FM: Trace function" for more information.

For this do the following:

a. Enter in FMDERIVE and activate the Trace

b. Test again your issue (creating a new example).

c. You will receive FMDERIVE trace screen with the values of account assignments. Probably you will receive more than one time this screen. If you see that the value is correct go to the next step clicking on button "X".

Whenever you find that the value is incorrect (or empty), please do the following:

d. In the FMDERIVE pop-up screen click on button "Display Log". When you click there you will see another screen.

e. There, Go to Menu Goto -> Display Print Template

f. Click on both folders to open the tree.

In the first one you will see the Values after and Before.

In the second one (Steps), you are able to see WHERE exactly was the change, what was happening during the execution of derivation rules, the RULES that it is in use in that step.

All the derivation rules which are in use during the process will be marked with yellow line.

If you check the trace log and the 'value after' is not correct, you should adjust your existing derivation rule.

In addition, check if you have marked for the target field (in the wrong derivation rule identified by the trace) the overwrite option, this can be also the cause for the error that you are receiving.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.