cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Format Type to Device Type Without Prompting Transport Request

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I already create new Z format type and want to add/attach it to device type (lets call it ZEPESCP2). I went through tcode SPAD->device type to add new format type.

After adding the new format type and click "Save" button, The transport request prompt immediately. What should i do to add new format type to device type without prompting transport request. I already change the configuration in SCC4 by changing the repository with "Changes Without Automatic Recording", but the transport request still prompt when i want to save.

Fyi, my SAP system is ECC 6

Do i miss something?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fandi,

Try to save as local request.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm afraid i can't do that because the package assignment is not prompting. Only transport request number prompting. Do you have another idea?

Usually when the value in SCC4 is set into "Changes without automatic recoring" and "Changes to repository and cross-client customizing allowed", there will be no transport request prompting. But in my case, it is still prompting

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then create a tr req and do not transport.

Regards,

madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi madhurao,

That is exactly what we want to avoid. It is prohibited to produce Transport request number in our production system. Since device type is not maintained in the development system. we can't transport it from development system.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not sure whether it is possible with out local request and transport.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)