cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reorganize oracle table online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a very big table ( about 12GB in size , with index 16 GB) , this need to be reorg often, database ( Oracle 11G) is with dataguard enabled with log shipping to DR database, last time we did online with SQL statement , it took more than 24 hours.

Just wondering what is the best way to reorg this type of big table , is there any tool available for online reorg can do better job ? Is brspace is better option ?

Thanks in advance, reply will be appreciated

Al Mamun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al Mamun,

At the first stage, I recommend you to archive the SAP data, in order to avoid long runtime. Secondly, you can use "-p|-parallel" parameter on brspace to fork parallel threads, to decrease the runtime, but it is not generally recommend setting parallel processing too high.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way might be to use brspace .check this

Note 646681 - Reorganizing tables with BRSPACE

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> I have a very big table ( about 12GB in size , with index 16 GB) , this need to be reorg often, database ( Oracle 11G) is with dataguard enabled with log shipping to DR database, last time we did online with SQL statement , it took more than 24 hours.

>

> Just wondering what is the best way to reorg this type of big table , is there any tool available for online reorg can do better job ? Is brspace is better option ?

>

> Thanks in advance, reply will be appreciated

>

> Al Mamun

I'm not sure what do you mean.

1.- this need to be reorg often,

why do you need to reorganize often this 12 gb table, may be that is a mistake. not sure, please explain why you need to do it.

2.- we did online with SQL statement

what statement?

3.- it took more than 24 hours.

it is online, what is the problem if it takes 24 hours (still i think 12 GB in 24 hours is too much

4.- Is brspace is better option ?

a better option than what? brspace offers you a lot of flexibility, but it is difficult to compare this tool to "what you have not provided"