cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion - flat file to Idoc error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a situation where im using FCC in the sender adapter The data is in flat file with multiple fields separated by space .

(*header444456 line4445758 header343434 line445687*) sample falt file data . should be divided as below

header - 44456 , 343434

*line - 44457578 , 445687

So i want to read the header items and pass it into header data of the IDoc and line items into line item data of the Idoc . And the header items and fields items are mixed up in the flat file . How do i read from the position 20 to 26 , 37 to 56 intermittently .And im not using any key field name . as the whole data is in one line . Any solution would be of great help .

Thanks in advance

Ganga

Edited by: N.Ganga on Jan 28, 2012 3:30 PM

Edited by: N.Ganga on Jan 28, 2012 3:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to have each record in a separate line to use FCC, it is enough to have ANY record separato. For instance it can be the semicolon (";") or any other. But if you use no record separator at all, then you will have to go for a java mapping to map your source to target dynamically, depending on your input data, as FCC will not be able to interpret and convert your structure.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grzegorz ,

Yes i totally agree with you it can be separated by comma . But it is as below

Header - (once ).............................................. Flat file example :

Field 1 -

>order line no 1 plant material 1 code 1 quantity 1

.......................................................................order line no 2 plant material 2 code 2 quantity 2

Field 2 (plant vlaue shuld come........................................................|

Line - repeats (0-unbounded) | | |

field 1 (line no 1)----

| | |

field 2(material1)----

| |

field 3 (quant 1)----

|

field 1 (line no 2)----

| | |

field 2(material2)----

| |

field 3 (quant 2)----

|

So i need to read the data intermittently and map them in the line items ignoring the order and plant data in every line apart from the first line. The order and plant remains the same in the flat file only line items keep changing .

Hope my question is clear .

Regards

Ganga

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Can u please give some more clearly give ur structure with example what u have needed.

Thanks,

ENivass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Enivas ,

I am reading data from a flat file which has all the data in one line .

But i need some fields to be parsed to header and some fields to Line . Header items comes in every line . But should be ignored from second line onwards . The line items are unbounded . pls see the above scenario i have shown .

Regards

Ganga