cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.3 JAVA Portal Upgrade "sap.com/SAPNWsCM" not in SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

I hope there is someone out there that can assist me with this problem. I am busy with a Netweaver 7.3 JAVA portal upgrade and I ran into a error. This is at the stage you have to provide the upgrade tool with the XML that was generated by Solman. After I provide the system with the XML it returns with this error, "The stack does not match the system. Probably the system was changed after the stack was generated. Synchronize the system with SAP Solution Manager and then generate a new stack. Software component sap.com/SAPNWsCM is found on the system but not in the list of expected system components in the stack."

So I did what the error recommend I do, I triggered the SLD in Visual admin to update to Solman and ran landscape fetch job in SMSY and restarted the upgrade with the new XML that I created. It gave the same error. So I researched what the component is and it seems to be part of the supply chain management component, so I checked the components in SMSY and cannot find it there. So I checked in the SDM but I don't know what I need to look for in there. I did find these 3 that might be part of it, sap.com / com.sap.nw.cm.http , sap.com / com.sap.nw.cm.j2ee and sap.com / com.sap.nw.conversionagent.

I think at a stage that a component was installed and not properly removed from the system and for some reason the upgrade sees this in the database. This is on our DEV portal. It is on Windows X64 and using Oracle 11.2.0.2.

I also have a support message with SAP but they have not even open yet after 24 hours.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

You'll find more information about this component in the following note:

Note 894815 - FAQ: NetWeaver Conversion Agent by Itemfield

If you don't need it, you can un-deploy it with SDM....

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Diego,

Thank you for that note it is very helpful. The components that I thought might be the problem seems to bet the problem. I am trying to un-deploy the com.sap.nw.conversionagent component in SDM and then it returns with this error. When I check the destination I see that the folders are there but in the last folder there is nothing.

===========================================================================

Undeployment started Sun Jan 29 08:21:16 CAT 2012

Starting Undeployment of com.sap.nw.conversionagent

Cannot parse XML document.

Additional error message is:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\usr\sap\NP8\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.nw.conversionagent\SAP\0\7.0.1100000000000000.0000\work\META-INF\null (The system cannot find the file specified)

Undeployment of com.sap.nw.conversionagent finished with Error (Duration 531ms)

Undeployment ended Sun Jan 29 08:21:16 CAT 2012

Is there a way to remove this component in the SMD now?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin!

For this error you might want to check here: Note 762882 - FileNotFoundException: work/META-INF/null (No such file or

I guess is also possible to deploy component again using JSPM force mode (/jspm/forceMode=true) and later you'll be able to undeploy it. But, you better follow the instructions in the note if possible.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thanks for your help with these two problems. After many tries I finally found where the .sda file content must be and could finally remove the component. I restarted the upgrade and it continued past that stage.

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (0)