Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abstract Interfaces....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to understand abstract interfaces (AI), but I couldn't

answer myself this question. In <a href="/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm this blog, he used AI for BPM. I know that he have to do this, because BPM can only use AI. The mapping in figure 8 in the blog is also understandable, because incoming files could look different to file structure used in BPM.

My question: Why he didn't created a mapping for BPM to inbound interface?

Is it just because he writes the files just as he work in BPM with? If I want to custom the file, saved by inbound interface, I have to do also a mapping, right??

And if I understood correctly, the flow of which in/outbound interface communicate with an abstract interface is made in sender/receiver determination and agreements. Right??

Thanks

Message was edited by: Christian Riekenberg

Means: inbound, not inboung

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>And if I understood correctly, the flow of which in/outbound interface communicate with an abstract interface is made in sender/receiver determination and agreements. Right??</i>

Yes your right.

If you have same message type in the interface there is no need for a mapping. Incase if the AI if of different message type (say with few more fields) and my IB is of different message type then there is a need for mapping as u said in Interface determination.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's very simple: you use Abstract interface ONLY when you want <u>to use a BPM</u>.

Remind: with a BPM you can ONLY use Abstract interface and neither Inbound nor Outbound one.

Thus inside a BPM, an abstract interface could be use either an Inbound or an Outbound interface, but it's always an Abstract interface

I hope this help you

Mickael

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for helpful answers.

@Mickael

I know that I'm only able to use AI in BPM.

My problem is more in the connection between

abstract and non-abstract interfaces.

But it seems (if my description above is correct), that

I understood the principle..

thanks