cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import from Excel into Text Blocks

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

When I try to import multiple text strings from Excel into the text blocks table, I receive the following error....

Import file must include columns corresponding to the text block value of the current language and one or more additional languages. Import will now exit.

I'm using Data Manager and selecting "Text Blocks" from table drop down and then choosing "File > Import From > Excel".

Is there a way to add multiple records to the Text Block table by importing from a text or Excel file?

Message was edited by: Aaron Thomas

Message was edited by: Aaron Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

This error is occuring because the text in the columns in the first row if the excel file do not matrch with the fieldnames.

The Excel column names must precisely match MDM field names. A simple way to guarantee that they match is to export a small number of records with the desired fields, and then copy the header of column names into the Excel file to be imported.

Also refer

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/43/e01f31422c4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm">Help Link</a>

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

One more piece of vital information..

The list of Available Fields does not include fields of type Text Block or Text HTML, since neither these field types nor links to them can be imported using the Import from Excel command.

So, trying to import Text Blocks from Excel wont work this way.

Refer

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/43/e03858422c4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm">Link</a>

Message was edited by: Tanveer Shaikh

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean that the only way to create text blocks is manually, one entry at a time? This seems rather archaic....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant import text block for sure using data manager.

In data manager, the only option is to create it manually.

Thats what the help.sap.com on MDM says. Please refer to the links I have mentioned.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Answers (0)