Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample size not calculating automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

the following things i have done

1.SAMPLING PROCEDURE:

in assignments i have given : 1.sample type as sampling scheme 2.valuation mode as without valuation parameters

in inspection pointsi have selected :without inspection points

in sampling scheme have sleceted :scheme "XY"

2.SAMPLING SCHEME: XY

Valuation parameters as :without valuation parameters

sampling tables for selected as: inspection severities

inspection severity as normal inspection (4).

Lot SIze and sample size i gave in the table....

though i have defined all dese things at the time of results entry in inspected column sample size is not cuming by default.if i out the sample size am getting the warning msg "the sample size does not corresponds to the required inspection scope"...

Even i tried to create manual lot in dat wat i observed is if i put inspection lot quantity system is considering the same quantity as sample size....

Please help me to solve r understand the issue.....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sanddep,

thank u somuch.....

regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SANDEEP,

I have selected the check box -inspection using material specification also in material master,any more inputs..........

Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am trying to my side.. if there is any update then inform you.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR,

SAMPLING SCHEME --QDP1

SAMPLING PROCEDURE --QDV1

MASTER INSP. CHARACTERISTICS --QS21

MATERIAL SPECIFICATIONS --QS61..

THANKS & REGARDS,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check below thread,

[;

May this will help you,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

actually am following the steps.

1.creating sampling scheme

2.sampling procedure using this scheme

3MIC Selecting this sampling procedure.

4.maintaining Material specifications.

is this correct or not?pls suggest me................

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can you explain me with trancation code ?

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

u suggested to select use in inspection plan indicator in sampling procedure,but am not using inspection plan.i will use in material specifications.shud i select that option r no use in inspection plan?pls suggest.am waiting for ur reply.....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you not use inspection plan then what use ?

Please clerify with transaction code. If you select

No use in insp. plan : If you set this indicator, the corresponding sampling procedure cannot be used in the inspection plan.

Use in insp. plan : The system sets this indicator automatically, if the sampling procedure is used in a task list and therefore cannot be deleted. This indicator cannot be reset.

Sandip

Edited by: Sandipsinh Shaktavat on Feb 2, 2012 12:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the following:

In Sampling Scheme: Valuation parameters: choose: Attributive inspection.

Sampling tables for: Choose Inspection severities

create the sampling scheme and save. By this, you might have created the lot side vs. sampling size including Acceptance No. and Rejection No. (c1 & d1 respectively).

In Sampling Procedure: for Sampling type: choose: Use Sampling scheme

Valuation Mode: choose: Attributive inspn of nonconforming units or Manual Valuation

Inspection Points; choose Without Inspection Points

Save.

Now, use this for the characteristics in your inspection plan and try.

Probably, something is wrong with Valuation mode in your Sampling procedure/scheme that you tried.

Share your experience, for the larger benefit of the professionals. Regards, KrishnaM

Dear Krishna,

I have done exactly as u suggested but still it is calculating the same way...what shud be the plant level settings i hav to do?any thing i missed at that level....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go via this settings in QDV2,

Screen 1 : Assignments,

Sampling type : Use sampling scheme

Valuation mode : Attributive inspection nonconf. units

Inspection points,

• without insp. points

Usage indicator

• Use in insp. plan

Scree 2 : Special Conditions,

Sampling type : Use sampling scheme

Valuation mode : Attributive inspection nonconf. units

Sampling scheme : S09 (* please enter what is your scheme)

Determination rule : 30 (Use sampling scheme)

Multiple samples

• No multiple samples

Screen 3 : Header data,

Sampling scheme : S09

Valuation parameters,

Attributive insp.

Sampling tables for,

insp. severities.

Usage indicator,

Used in procedure

Also check your MIC's sample base quantity = 1 and UoM for he same in inspection plan (QP02)

Do this setting, i think it will help you,

Regards,

Sandip s.

Edited by: Sandipsinh Shaktavat on Feb 2, 2012 12:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

As u have suggested i have checked even if i keep one qualitative parameter am getting the full qty at inspect field.i havent checked 100%inspection and at the same time i have selected sampling proc req at MICs...pls suggest any other possibilities....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create the sampling scheme and save. By this, you might have created the lot side vs. sampling size including Acceptance No. and Rejection No. (c1 & d1 respectively).

Valuation Mode: choose: Attributive inspn of nonconforming units or Manual Valuation

Save.

Probably, something is wrong with Valuation mode in your Sampling procedure/scheme that you tried.

Share your experience, for the larger benefit of the professionals. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, keep in mind you said most of your characteristics are qualatative. Quantatitive charac usually do not use a sampling procedure using attribute valuation. So you must also check that sampling procedure.

The lot quantity is calculated based on the largest sample size required. So you could have nine chracteriistics with the right sampling calculation but one that is wrong and specifying 100%.

It sounds to me like in the column "number to inspect" you are seeing the full quanity for all characteristics. Is that correct?

Also, make sure no one has clicked on 100% inspection in the material master under the inspection type settings. An make sure you have clicked on "sampling procedure req." in the control indicators for the characteristics.

FF

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

any suggestion from yourside..............

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Most of my MICs are qualitative.for me if my lot qty is 350 it is coming in the column inspect as grayed out.In the inspected column if enter my sample size as 3 that time am getting the error "The inspected sample size does not correspond to the required insp. scope".Actually i defined my lot size 350 sample 3 in sampling scheme.At results column i will select as accepted r rejected.so pls suggest me for any changes...

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have tried as you suggested but still sample size is calculated as inspection lot qty...please suggest me on this..if you have tried this tell me how to achieve .....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

thanks for the reply.i will check n get back to u....

Regards.

CSR.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

You need not to enter sample size in "inspected" column. And You can not enter sample in Inspected column greater than Sample size.

If sample size is 5, & you record results for 3 then Inspected column will automatically show 3.

If you enter any sample greater than 5 in "inspected", system will throw an error "the sample size does not corresponds to the required inspection scope".

What is the sample size shown in QA32 report's layout. You can also check it at Stock posting.

Check sampling scheme XY again for the Lot size and sample Qty.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Please change your

1) Valuation mode from without valuation parameters to attribute inspection nonconf. units or manual valuation

2) Valuation parameters will be attribute insp.

Now check,

Regards,

Sandip