cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipment Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client has a scenario where he often moves equipment from on site(plant) to another site(plant).At any point of time he want to track the list of equipment at a plant.and He wants to track the movement.What business process do we need to follow to move the equipment from one plant to another plant.pls help me with my queries....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maheshwaran,

As you suggested i have checked in IH08.there i can see the plant and date of validity of equipment in that plant.Now only my question while transferring the equipment do we need to generate any document in sap? currently our client has equipment movement document in which he will mention equipment name ,from plant and to plant...pls help..

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you map using installation & dismantling you can get the history of installation & dismatling using IH08 (where you will find the functional location with date). In this case, there is no goods movmt so no documents required. If you map it using serialisation procedure then you can get the movement documents

Shakti

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekara,

You can try for ETM functionality.

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear maheshwaran/shakti,

I did the same way.i have defined each site as functional location and changing the maintenance plant.But where i can c that equipment is moved from site X to site Y.Or other way the current location of the equipment....

if i try to use serialization ,configuration will take much time or any effect on MM?....

awaiting for all ur inputs....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The current location of the equipment you can see by the equipment list IE05.

For serialization it won't take much time and it not effect on MM.

Regards,

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check in IE03 or list display of equipment IH08 for installation dismatling history & the current location

shakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

From Equipment master, you can see the history using Extras => Usage list.

Also in IH08, by giving appropriate date range, you can see the history of site change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can solve this issue using serial number . if you are using serial number that links equipment and material so when ever you transfer material related to that equipment then you get the history of that equipment by the serial number. and for the movement type 301 is transfering material from one plant to another plant using t.code MB1B.

I think it will help you,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel each site could have been created as functional location, so that equipment movement between sites would be easier.

As each site has been defined as plant, change the maintenance plant in the equipment. If equipment has been installed to any FL, then dismantle from that & change the maintenance plant.

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Installation & dismantling at functional location feature of equipment can be used to map your requirement. However you need to change the maintenance plant of this equipment frequently.

Another way of mapping this is through serialisation of material/equipment. Assign serial no to the equipment alongwith material no. You can do installation/dismantling with goods movement with T code -IE4N. Once you dismantle this serial no comes as a stock to a storage location & you can do Plant to plant transfer of serialised material using movt type 301(Tcode-Mb1B)

Shakti