cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest Values doesn't work with OVS

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

When using OVS as an input help and suggest values is checked on the UI Element on the layout, suggest values doesn't seem to work.

I can find references and examples of methods to implement to get suggest values to work with Web Dynpro JAVA but can't seem to find anything related to Web Dynpro ABAP.

Does suggest values simply not work with OVS in Web Dynpro ABAP or am I not implementing something correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you foud solution.

please close discussion

regards

yuval

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Not a solution exactly but your reply pointed us in good direction.

Our issue is once the end users have had Suggest Value functionality, they don't want to let it go.  However, suggest values only works with a dictionary search help.

We have other requirements that push us away from dictionary search helps such as a look up for Org where they only want orgs active on the effective date to come in the look up.  My understanding is that in order to do this, we really need to do something like OVS or freely programmed search help.

By meeting that requirement, we lose the suggest values functionality.

But I appreciate your reply.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

As a follow up, we have a situation where we need a editable table for input.

If we use ALV, is there a way to enable the Suggest Values functionality like the Table UI element?

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally found a snipet confirming this doesn't work with OVS:

Suggested value lists are not displayed for OVS-programmed and user-programmed value helps.

This seems to be specific to Web Dynpro ABAP however, as they do appear to work for Web Dynpro Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger

I'd go straight to pop up windows where you can embed your own view with a table.

There you can control everthing  and get whatever you like.

This is the best advice I can give you after trying OVS and SAP Search Help for a long time.
If you need a real event, implement the table or Search Help by yourself.

You may want to have a look at this blog.

regards

yuval peery