Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to process file failed with Target directory 'xxx' does not exist

mahaboob_pathan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing proxy to file scenario.when i send the message in runtime workbench i am getting waiting status and when i check the Audit Log i found some error like"Attempt to process file failed with Target directory 'XXXXXXXXXX' does not exist. but the target directory exists in application server.

following is the error log.

Error: Attempt to process file failed with Target directory 'xxxxxxxxxx' does not exist

Error: MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target directory 'xxxx' does not exist

Error: Exception caught by adapter framework: Target directory 'xxxxx' does not exist

Error: Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Target directory 'xxxxxxxx' does not exist.

Can any one help me out on this.......

Edited by: Mahaboob Pathan on Jan 28, 2012 4:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mahaboob_pathan
Contributor
0 Kudos

issue is resolved.solution is ecc application server is not mounted on pi abap stack applicaton server.once we did that every thing was working fine.thanks for the suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other option is to use the FTP Tools..or Dos command to connect to the FTP server and check the user home directory and try to put the file into the directory how you are trying from the PI...

Use FileZilla or some other ftp tools if you are not aware of ftp utilities..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you are on multiple cluster node and each has a separate application server. I have came across such issue but it was on ECC side. The production ECC system had multiple application server but the directory was created only one application server.

Check if this helps if your case.

Amol

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the user used by PI to connect to the target location has sufficient authorization to access there and create files. Most frequently errors like this one occurs when the authorizations are insufficient.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you seen below thread :

AND

If you're using an FTP server you need to know the path to the file on the FTP.

To do this I suggest to connect to the FTP using Internet Explorer and navigating the FTP folders until reaching the right one.