cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Sales - How do we set up to have Purchase Reqs show in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to set up for 3rd party sales, where we will take a customer order and then send a requirement to a Vendor for fullfillment. The Vendor will ship directly to the Customer. So no inventory will be in our system, but our users are used to seeing any kind of request in the MD04 - Stock/Requirements List.

We are using Item Category TAS and Schedule Line Category CS and the process is working fine. But the users would like to see it in MD04, even if we are not physically handling the product.

I've taken a look at the MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA Badi to try and make it show, but the records are not in the VBBE table when the sales order is entered nor are they in the VBBS table for the purchase req / order side.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason is due to the schedule line category (t.code VOV6) type CS. In the configuration, Req/assembly is switched off, so requirements will not be passed to MD04. The process itself is clear, the third party goods will not influence the plant stock, hence no need to pass the requirement.

To fulfill your requirement, you may turn on the field Req/assembly and test.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. That explains why we aren't seeing the Sales side. What about the purchasing side? Where is that controlled.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To understand other parts, may be you can take a look at OSS Note 70408 - No display of sales order number in MD04,

Note 207942 - MRP: Problems with requirements from sales order/delivery AND Note 549752 - FAQ: MRP elements in the MD04/MD05

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie, it's not going to happen, by design of 3rd Party Drop ship.

It will create a Purchase Req. this has to be reviewed and converted to a P.O.

The only other automation you can affect is to have ME59 (I think that's the T-Code) run as a batch job for those types of req's, to auto convert them to P.O.'s