cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom fields updating to database in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to add few custom fields to the Shopping cart Item Basic data screen.This has to be updated in database when the shopping cart is saved.

I have included my custom structure in INCL_EEW_PD_<ITEM>_CSF_SC and enhanced my corresponding web dynpro component.The fields are appearing in item basic data screen also.I need to know what steps to be followed to update the custom field values(after user enters the values) to the database(when sc is saved).

Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BBC_DOC_CHANGE_BADI in which use method for Shopping Cart.

What ever the changes done needs to be exported back to the ET_ITEM of the method.

Let me know if needed more details.

Regards,

Mohammed

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I solved it.

Thanks every body.

Regards,

Mohammed

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have included my custom fields in the structure "INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC" and are appearing in my web dynpro screen after enhancing the corresponding web dynpro component.But when i try to include the fields in the structure "INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF",I am getting the error during the activation of my append structure.

The custom fields which I added are appearing twice in the structure "/SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR".

Could anyone of you please tell me to solve this issue and i want to know whether I need to include my field in structur

"INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF" also.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont need webdynpro component enhancement for adding a extra custom field.

just 3 steps

1. INCL structure with CSF

2. INCL structure with CSF_SC

3. metadata table - /SAPSRM/V_MDF_IC

and you are done.. why are you doing WD changes? you need specific layout or what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumiya,

Thanks for your reply.I have a doubt without enhancing the web dynpro component,how can we decide the UI element type,position on the screen for the newly added custom fields.also regarding the error i mentioned,should i need to have different field names in the twon included structures?If yes,how the fields in INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF _SC are mapped?

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, first thing is field name has to be same in both CSF and CSF_SC. then only automatic mapping will occur.

about field type, what type of field are you creating? if its a normal input field then no need to mention any thing. maintaining that /SAPSRM/ table would do your job.

this above procedure will add an input enabled field at the end of your WD screen layout.

and if you want specific input option like listbox just create a domain for it and then enhance the WD to add this field(this is one of the cases where you need to enhance the WD layout to add the field, only layout no need of mapping as it would already be there in your context(you just need to redefine the context)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

I removed my enhancement to the web dynpro.if i add the custom fields(with same field name)to the structures INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF,I am getting the error "The field names are appearing twice in SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR ".First I added my custom fields to INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC and then to the structure INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF.When I am adding to the INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF structure,I am getting this error.

Could you please help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

lets start from scratch..

remove what ever custom fields you have in /SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR

create 1 append structure ZXYZ in _CSF structure , with field name ZINPUT

create 1 append structure ZXYZ_MAP in CSFSC structure , with field name ZINPUT (same field name, diff append name)

add the field in that /SAPSRM/V_MDF_iC (make the visible and enable ticked)

you will be fine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also noticed that the structures "INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF" and "INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC" are included in the structure

/SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR.If we add the same fields with same field names to both the INCL structures,it is throwing error that the fieldnames are appearing twice in the structure "/SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR".how to solve this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, /SAPSRM/S_SEARCH_RESULT_PR should not contain INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC. it should only have INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls. check this SAP Note 1561583

It will solve your problem of duplicate entries

Edited by: Surender Yadav on Jan 30, 2012 5:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

It really helped me.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls. close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini Shankar ,

Adding custom field in item basic data of shopping cart kindly find the below steps .

Tcode SPRO-->h IMG Pathu2014SAP Implementation Guide  SAP

Supplier Relationship Management  SRM Server  Cross Application Basic Settings  Extensions and

Field Control (Personalization)  Configure Customer Fields  Define Customer Fields on Item Level

in this append the custom field in the both structure .

-Append for custom field on shopping cart item ( to add on item basic data)

-Append for Customer cross document item data base field ( to save in the data base)

and you need to set the metadata for the custom field based on you requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep Kumar Dondeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to add the same field name in another append structure into INCL_EEW_PD_<ITEM>_CSF (without _SC).. then only those will be saved in database.

_SC is for showing on screen... without SC its a include structure in BBPPDISC.

keep same field name as you have kept in INCL_EEW_PD_<ITEM>_CSF_SC....

it will be saved in DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Once the fields are available on the Item data tab, you can enter the field values in custom fields and they would get saved normally like other standard fields of SC.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually, when fields are inserted in structure INCL_EEW_PD_<ITEM>_CSF_SC, they are supposed to be available at item level.

When you save the cart and go to BBP_PD, are you able to see such fields in item tables? Click on item and scroll down. Normally custom fields are stored there.

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Can you please have a look at http://scn.sap.com/thread/3397492

Suggest if you have any ideas please.

Regards,

Mohammed