cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earlywatch doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to configure earlywatch service. I´ve run the RTCCTOOL in solution manager and followed all the steps. I´ve executed in the satellite system and get this note 091488

Version 09-06-1999

Note 091488 fault

In the satellite systema is mandatory to install the addon ST-A and ST-PI? Or it´s only mandatory in the solution manager?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Add-ons ST-A and ST-PI is required in to all corresponding SAP systems.

You can not skip this in any SAP system.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

A lot of thanks

Which document or name guide I need for create the RFC from solution mananger to satellite systems. Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use SMSY, you can use the "Wizard" to create the RFC's

All that info in detail is on help.sap.com

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following are the steps in a satellite system :

Check latest versions of ST-A, ST-PI, ST-A/PI packages are installed in the systems

Run RTCCTOOL report from SE38 transaction code of satellite system.

Check the output of the report. If there are some errors or warnings in the output of the report, fix errors and run the report again and make sure there are no errors

RFC connection your satellite system ==> solution manager system

RFC connection your solution manager ==> SAP service market place

Assign the solution monitoring roles to the users

Setup your satellite system in a solution landscape of the solution manager(SMSY)

Make sure SLD is configured and working fine

Activation of SDCCN in satellite system (Goto SDCCN transaction. Then click on Utilities -> Activate) then confirm for SDCC_OSS destination creation

In satellite system, goto SDCCN transaction and navigate to Goto -> Settings -> Task specific.

In the resulted screen, select RFC destination and provide the solution manager RFC from the satellite system and set solution manager RFC as the master system.

Addition of satellite system in solution manager system in SDCCN :

Goto SMSY transaction in solman system and then navigate to Environment -> Solution Manager Operations -> Adminstration SDCCN to add the new service data control centre to the solution manager.

Click on add system button to add the new SDCC to the solution manager. When prompted, please select the respective system and client from the resulting screen and confirm

Early watch service session activation for satellite system:

In the solution manager system, execute transaction code solution_manager and navigate to operations -> Earlywatch Alert and press create button. This prompts you to confirm the date and time to run the report. Please provide the details and confirm to trigger the generation of the report

Login to satellite system, goto transaction code SDCCN and press create button which displays a screen to select a task to be executed. Select request session data task and click continue. You will be prompted to enter the schedule time to run the report. Click now to execute it immediately. After that you can see an early watch session running in SDCCN.

After completion of this session run successfully, an Earlywatch Alert will be generated and this can be viewed in Solution_manager of Solution manager system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh Patel,

But I´ve some doubts. If I want to configure the EWA through Solution Manager, I´ve to activate the system and assign a date in the solution_manager.(cannot put a periodic schedule) and after that in the satellite system I´ve execute the SDCCN and scheduled the task EarlyWatch Alert. Is it correct?

I´m very confused what are the configure steps of EWA for sap solution manager. I´ve read note 1040343 and 207223, but I´m doubting.

More thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

EWA configuration in SolMan has quite a few steps and its hard to put each step in the forums. Please refer to below link which has screenshot to do . Please follow accordingly and paste the error message if you come across.

http://sapbasisdurgaprasad.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-configure-early-watch-alert.html

http://www.saptechies.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-generate-solution-manager-key-smsy-solution-mana...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/HowtomanuallyprocessanEWAreportinsteadofwaitinguntilthenextscheduleddate.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/EWA7.1DisplayandSchedule

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ConfiguringandTroubleshootingEarlyWatchAlertsE-MailforSolutionManager+7.0

Thanks<

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun for the information.

But I don´t understand that there aren´t any oficial guide for configure this scenario, perhaps I don´t know how to find it, but I´ve spend a lot of time.

I´m reading the note 1040343, and with the ST-SER 700_2008_1 is supporte SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 with EHP1 or I need to updgrate to 700_2008_2 SP05?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

I found couple of videos on EWA report and hope its helpful to you. However check the notes also

Note 763561 - Service Data Control Center (SDCCN) - FAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1C3EJHuLCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZztlF0kLBAE

Its always recommended to be on higher version for plug-in tools.

Here is the quicklist for EWA config

1. Setup of the Server, database and system in transaction SMSY.

2. Generating the RFC's for the System and ensuring that the trusted RFC works.

3. Adding the system to a logical component and assigning the logical component to a Solution Landscape created in DSWP.

3. Setting up of EWA from the Solution Settings from the operations setup in DSWP.

4. Configuring the SDCC / SDCCN on the satellite system and adding the Solution Manager RFC to the SDCC settings.

5. Refreshing of sessions via the SDCCN transaction on the Satellite system. This can be automated via the Auto session Manager Report.

6. Processing of the session and sending the collected data to Solution manager.

7. Processing the collected data in the Solution Manager System and generating the EWA Report.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun,

When I´m in solution manager SMSY and go to Environment>Solution Manager Operations>Administration SDCCN I´ve to system entries with the status SDCCN in green. But I execute the Call SDCCN I go to SDCCN of Solution Manager, and I think that I should entry in the sdccn of the satellite system, It´s true? If it´s yes, How can I change this configuration?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

In SDCCN, you don't see the satellite SID in Solution Manager SDCCN. You need to create session for satellite system in DSWP transaction and goto Satellite system -> SDCCN -> 1). refresh sessions (you need to use RFC - SOLMAN BACK RFC ) and 2). EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager.

After completing above steps, login to Solution Manager and goto DSWP and double click the selected the created session which will run a BG job called SM:EXEC:SERVICES * to complete the EWA report.

Thanks,

Arjun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need ST-PI and ST-A/PI in the target satellite systems too.

Regards

Juan