cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text field as mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make sales order item text field as a mandatory.can I make it incompletion log make it mandatory or Please confirm me how to customize it.

Thanks,

Miku.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go the VOTXN, select your text procedure and you text id and maintain it as either of the following

X- Test is obligator- This will make mandatory

Y- Text will be dispalyed while copying-

Z- Text is mandatory and displayed when copying

Space- Text is not obligatory

You can maintain X and your sales order will need this before the document is complete

Hope this give u clarity

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My requirement if I will not maintain text in Sales order item level then while saving sales order system shows as error not Edit form.

I need text field should mandatory.

Please suggest me how to do that.

Thanks,

Miku.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miku

Go to VOTXN and take the table name and feild name and assiign the data in the incompletion log then assign that incompletion log to the item category.then create the sales order and then check.Kindly let us know wheather your problem has been solved or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assign incompletion log as table VBAP & Field as POSNR.But if I will not maintain any text during saving of sales order system does not allows Error.

So please suggest me I want to make Text as Error/Mandatory form.

Thanks,

Miku.

Edited by: miku143 on Jan 28, 2012 2:42 PM

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to mark the text as mandatory in the text determination procedure assigned to the sales order item (value X text is obligatory) - transaction VOTXN.

Regards,

Marcin