cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_AAE GET parameter to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Scenario in SAP PI 7.3 where I use the HTTP_AAE Communcation channel with Message Protocol GET.

The payload is passed to PI as a parameter in the URL:

http://host:port//HttpAdapter/HttpMessageServlet?.......param=<payload>;

The <payload> is not an XML file, but just a string containing the infomation. Unfortunately I am not able to change this.

I'm using an Integrated Configuration to send the information in the payload of the HTTP GET to SAP CRM using an ABAP proxy, so I need to put the string in an XML message. Does the HTTP_AAE adapter support some kind of content conversion? Are there other ways to accomplish this? It is a synchronous interface and speed is essential, so I need a solution which will not slow down the interface too much

Thanks,

Andre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e4/a451e997364386a1f6f090c9ea17b6/frameset.htm] Under the advanced tab you should have Adapter-Specific Message Properties (Advanced tab). And there you can transform some of the parameters given into the dynamic configuration.

From there you can take it in the mapping and move it to where it belongs.

Regards,

Horia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I have to specify a "main payload" parameter in the "General" tab, and this specific URL has only one parameter with the payload (one field). So I don't have anything to put un the URLParamx fields.

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I only now got exactly what you needed.

Why not use a java mapping that only adds some tags to the code.

It should be fairly quick and easily developed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I guess it's either a Java mapping or an Adapter Module to solve this, I'm afraid. Maybe this is something for a future enhancement: I think there are a lot of situations in which a HTTP GET will not contain an XML message in a payload. A kind of content conversion in the HTTP_AAE adapter would come in handy.

Thanks,

Andre