cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal J2EE logon groups

0 Kudos

Please can you help.

Within ABAP you can go into SMLG and configure logon groups so you can separate user groups to particular application instances.

I would like to do the same within NW Portal and CE. We have external and internal users accessing the portal (NW 7.0) I have web dispatchers to load balance across application instances however is it possible to create logon groups and dedicate dedicated application instances to these user groups. I have read that you able to do this however the user groups would require different URL's and then the Web dispatcher can filter the URL and assign it to the relevant Java logon groups. The requirement which I have is that I am unable to change my URL so external and internal users use the same URL.Please note I only have 1 set of Portal Web dispatchers. The Web dispatchers serve both internal and external users. Also for extra information my portal mainly calls Web Dynpro code from CE. CE also has Web dispatchers as I have more than 1 CE app server. I assume if it is possible my requirement would also be to create logon groups within CE so external users use certain EP app servers and CE app servers and internal use other EP app servers and other CE app servers.

EP is version 7.0

CE is version 7.2

WD is version 7.3

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon groups canbe creted under /nwa link under SYSTEM MANAGEMENT --> CONFIGURATION -> LOGON GROUPS

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/3c61108c604c2ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Arjun

0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks - I know how to make the logon groups in Java however I don't want to use different URL's for alias.

I have 1 URL for example jo.blogs.com/irj/portal which both my internal and external users use.

Is there any way I can make use of the logon groups without having to give my users 2 seperate different URLs.

Thanks

Ajay