Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Plan and Actual FIGL data - FAGLFLEXA and FAGLFLEXT tables

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to use 0FI_GL_14 extractor to extract data into BI. My requirement is that they would like to have both plan and Actual data in the report.

0FI_GL_14 extractor picks data from FAGLFLEXA and BSEG tables but I saw that FAGLFLEXA table is for Actual data and FAGLFLEXT is for Plan data.

Is it enough for me to use 0FI_GL_14 extractor to extract for both plan and Actual data and user version and value type to differentiate both sets of data or do I need to create generic data source based on FAGLFLEXT table to extract Plan data.

thanks

Vaidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use one data source for both data (plan and Actual ) .

Option 1: While updating data to the data target you can update to two different Datatarget by using 0VTYPE filter(10 and 20 type) so that you can do the reporting on Multiprovider .

Option 2: You can use one datasource to update the data in one datatarget for plan and Actual then you can create report and you can use 0VTYPE for differentiate between plan and Actual .

Then u can differentiate with 0VTYPE infoobject .

10 = Actual data

20 = Plan Data

Regards,

Satya

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My initial solution was to use Option 2 ( use same datasource to load plan and actual.) but now I am a bit confuse since the table FAGLFLEXA stores Actual.

I will double check with the FI team if table FAGLFLEXA is going to store Plan data as well.

By the way, whats SAP best practice for loading Actual and Plan data. Is it option 1 or option 2.

thanks

Bhat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested earlier,

FAGLFLEXA is for line item detail data, where as FAGLFLEXT stores totals data.

you have to generate std. extractor for both of them using below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e2/f16940c3c7bf49e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Please also keep in mind teh data stored in FAGLFLEXT is in row fashion for all periods, like single record with balance carry forward and values for all periods (max 16) and also in all currency ( local, transactional and group)

0VTYPE will take care of plan/actual.

Thank-You.

Vinod

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

0FI_GL_14 extractor picks data from FAGLFLEXA and BSEG tables but I saw that FAGLFLEXA table is for Actual data and FAGLFLEXT is for Plan data.

FAGLFLEXA table is for Line Item data.. to dso 0FIGL_O14

FAGLFLEXT is for Totals (Transaction) data..U have datasource 0FI_GL_10 on FAGLFLEXT that loads dso 0FIGL_O10 then to cube 0FIGL_C10. Then u have 0FIGL_V10 which gets data from cube C10 using FM.

Then u can differentiate with 0VTYPE - > 10 - Actuals, 20 - Plan