cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Specifications and Results entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have ten plants in my company code.same material will be used in all the plants.i have created MICs for each plant.In Material specification i have assigned all the MICs for that material.So whenever lot is created at the time of GRN in results screen i can view the same MICs of diferent Plants though i have received material for particular plant....

scenario:

MIC NO -1: WEIGHT IN PLANT 1000

MIC NO-2 WEIGHT IN PLANT 2000

IN Material specification Master QS61 --

FOR MATERIAL --XYZ I have assigned these two MICs

MIC NO -1: WEIGHT - PLANT 1000

MIC NO-2 : WEIGHT - PLANT 2000

if material is received in plant 2000 i should see only MIC NO-2.But now i can see both the MICs.... As I have same Materials and same inspection characteristics is there any way i can define for one plant and use them across the compnay ?..pls help me...

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF/Krishna,

If i create MICS for one plant .When i receive material at different plant if i try to select results to enter results it is giving me an error msg saying inspection characteristics are not defined for the plant.....so guide me how to use the MICS created for one plant can be used thru out all the plants....

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure that you are referring to Material Specification in SAP ? If so, one specification can work in all plants. If you mean Inspection plan, it is plant specific. Request you to pl. go through some threads on these topics, in SDN in addition to the Help notes. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you still are getting an error, please give us more details on the error message you see.

What is the transaction you are running when you get the error message? Do you actually have a released inspection lot to record results? What do you see on the results recording screen? If you can even paste the actual error messsage in here it will help.

FF

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF/Krishna,

Thank you for timely support.it is working fine.I didnt checked properly.......

Thanks & Regards,

CSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Am using material specifications only.TCODE QS61...."please suggest" what i have to do to use the material specifications created for one plant to all plants in the company code.....

Thanks &Regards,

CSR.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QS61 you need to make sure only the one set of MICS are listed. Make sure the plant value has been changed to the one plant where you are keeping the MIC's in.

Make sure the MIC's in whatever plant you are using are released for use and not in a created mode. Make sure you are using the correct version number in QS61.

Make sure in the inspection type setup for the material you are specifying only Mtrl spec and that inspect with task list is not clicked on.

Make sure you create a new inspection lot to test this.

This functionality does work and has worked since 3.0. It is very tried, true and tested.

FF

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you use Material Specifications, they are not plant specific. Hence, one spec can be used across all plants. Also, Master Insp Char can be used across all plants. In doing so, you could have avoided this redundancy of data.

Now, try to use only one characteristic across all plants. This should solve your problem. Read help notes on Material Specs and Inspection Plans. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use only one set of MIC's. You don't need to have MIC's in each plant. If you are batch managed you think u might want to use batch management someday, you definitely only want to maintain one set of MIC's. Pick a plant to create them in once. Then use them throughout all plants.

FF