cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT changed on MRP in some states /Chaged on Selling Price in some States

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Client want to charge VAT on Selling Price and in some states on MRP.

I have created one Condition type ZMRP for the Material MRP price.

In the normal scenario VAT will be chaged on the Selling Price:

Selling Price Is the combined Value of

Price - discount= Net price

Selling Price = Net Price EDEcess+Hcess

Total value =Selling Price + VAT

I want to write a Code for the VAT condition type.

For Example:

If system found that the sales order is creatd for the The States Like Bihar,UP,MP,WB is then the VAT will be charged on the ZMRP price of the Matrial.

But my problem is that there is not any separate Condition type for the Selling Price bcos it will come automatically in the Pricing.

Please sugest the programe name and and logic to write the code so that I can fulfil client requirment.

Thaks In advance.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new condition type with the calculation type as Percentage. Maintain condition record with 100% for the combination of states. Finally assign this condition type in your pricing procedure next to ZMRP and above VAT. Assign the From-To step numbers accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathy,

Can you elaborate a litle more on the given solution.How the system will know that the VAT should be charged on the MRP price not on the Selling Price for the respective Indian states.

Regards

Venkat

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before proposing my suggestion, can you let me know whether ZMRP will also be considered for discount. Of course, I presume, ED, Cess & SECess should be calculated for ZMRP also

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathy,

As per the Client requirment ED,Cess and Hcess will m=not be charged on the MRP price.

Incase of VAT on selling price

MRP 110

Base 100

Dis 10% 10

Net 90

ED 10% 9

Base+ED 99

Cess 2% 0.2

Hcess 1% 0.1

BaseEDCESS+HCESS 101.1

VAT 5% 5.055

Total 106.155 (Price to stockist)

Incase of VAT on MRP price

MRP 110

Base 100

Dis 10% 10

Net 90

ED 10% 9

Base+ED 99

Cess 2% 0.2

Hcess 1% 0.1

BaseEDCESS+HCESS = 101.1

VAT will charged on the MRP with the Formula [ 110/110+5%(Rate of VAT) X100]=95.7

On this 95.5 Back ward Calculation of ( EDCessHCess) getting from the Base prices= 95.790.20.1=105(Price to stockist)

Please suggest how to can I do it.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

As Lakshmipathi had suggested you need to create the a Z condition type as 100% Copy Condition of MRP price and assign it in the pricing procedure as the base for VAT calculation. And you need to create a routine for Alt Base calculation and attach it to the VAT condition type.

You do all calculation in the pricing procedure for VAT on Selling price and VAT on MRP as same till you arrive at the Price to Stockiest excluding VAT. then you require to have a Copy Condition of this value (Condition type Z1) and one Copy Condition of MRP (Condition type Z2). The VAT condition type should have base as From and To including both these copy conditions.

The Routine should have the following logic.

Check for the Region of the Ship to Party (i.e. komk-regio), if it belong to the states like MP, WB etc where MRP is the base then select condition type Z2 * (i.e. xkomv-kschl )* as the base (i.e.xkomv-kwert) for the VAT calculation else by default the base for VAT is Z1 (i.e. xkomv-kschl ).

We have used the same logic in our client's place.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello karthik,

Thanks for your reply..

I have already done this and I need to insert the formula [(MRP / MRP+Rate of VAT)X100] in the Alt Condition Base Value.

How to insert this please suggest.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KARTHIK,

Here, we have same clint requirement for VAT changed on MRP in some states /Chaged on Selling Price in some States

kindly .. please provide logic about on this, its very urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please develop the habit of updating properly as to how your requirement is addressed.

G. Lakshmipathi