cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect recursive XSD node

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with an XSD in PI 7.11. When loading into a mapping, it leads to an OutOfMemory error. The reason is that the XSD contains recursive nodes, which is not allowed for PI XSD's. So far so good.

The problem is how to find out which of the node(s) is recursive. It is a huge structure. In the PI XSD editor, I can right-click on a node and then expand recursively. If it contains a recursive node, it gives an error message. For small structures, it shows the recursive node in red. But for large structures, the GUI just stucks after the error message and does not respond anymore. So I do not know which subnode caused the problem.

This means I have no automated way to detect the recursive nodes if they occur in very large structures (which is the case here). Any hints ? I want to avoid to open manually hundreds of nodes and browse for a red color.

Is there any XML tool outside PI which can detect and display such node names ? In XmlSpy I did not find such a function.

Hint 1 for SAP product developers: it would be nice if the GUI did not stuck in such cases, but give a detailed message which node(s) cause the problem ! Same for the mapping.

Hint 2: the XSD is this one: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs-UBL-2.0/xsd/maindoc/UBL-Order-2.0.xsd

CSY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the meantime I found out that the reaons for the OutOfMemory error is not the recursive structure, but simply the size of the structure. I had to remove some large nodes which we do not need in our mapping.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Hint 1 for SAP product developers: it would be nice if the GUI did not stuck in such cases, but give a detailed message which node(s) cause the problem ! Same for the mapping.

please put those suggestions here:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas/sap_netweaver/sap_netweaver_process_orchestration_process_...

with comment

this is the way we can raise it with SAP during our GSIG for PI meetings

Thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk