cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Task :-Data Import Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one Schedule task:Data Import Monitor to import csv file from the local directory. I have configured the ST as per below:-

Data Location:Local Directory

Upload Directory:E:\Integration\data

Queue Directory:E:\Integration\data\Queue

Archive Directory:E:\Integration\data\Archive

The location of the directory is from the same server where sourcing has been installed. But no import activity is taking place.

Then I have tried to create another Schedule task:Data Import Monitor to import csv file. This time i have set the directory path to the different server which is in domain. This server location i can access from my PC via run option. At this time see error reported at Background Task Status List->Today's Daemon Alerts:-

• Discarding event because upload directory (
        s2pblrser02\TargetDirectory\ESO\Interfaces\Inbound) does not exist ***

Please let me know what mistake am doing. Is there any setting which am missing.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be worthwhile reading my response for a similar question earlier this week.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram ,

We are using Local directory and I have checked all the settings. Every thing appears to be fine,the event appears in pending Daemon alerts if i am creating a custom schedule.No errors or logs anywhere and the file is not being picked up( as I can see the queue and archive directories are empty.).. Any further pointers would be gr8 as i am not able to see any log data related to this.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram ,

In your previous post(), you have mentioned about folder permission issues. Is it necessary for the local directory which I created on Sourcing application server to have Read / Write Permissions to the Service User ID in order to process the files as we are not using FTP server here?..

I have at present read/write permissions to everyone on those folders, in addition to login user of sap sourcing.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our issue was resolved by providing the permissions. In your case, does the log file provide any indicators?

Again, I would think touching base with SAP may be required via an OSS message.

thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Same Schedule task scenario is working very fine on the other server.

Server which we were using is a Ramp up one and had a bug in Schedule task-Data import monitor scenario itself which we concluded after thorough testing.

Regards,

Uday Chand Teli