cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Type deactivation for Rework order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a material for which 03 inspection is activated in Material Master - QM view.

Now i have two order types. One for normal production (ZPI1) and other for Rework (ZRWK).

Whenever I create a process order with ZPI1 order type, I need an 03 In Process Inpection lot to be created which is working fine now.

But when something has gone wrong during production and the material needs re-work, they create a ZRWK order in COR1 transaction. But this time they don't want a 03 inspection lot created at all.

So how to activate an inspection type for one order type and deactivate the same when using a Rework order type for the same material.

Kindly request you to help!

Regards,

Vinodh

Edited by: Vinodh Madras Prabhu on Jan 27, 2012 11:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPL8 enter the inspection type for the order types you want inspection lots to be created, and leave the inspection type field blank for the order types you want inspection lots to not to be created.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Correct !

check ur Config and against PP order assign the Inspection type against Rework order type and keep blank for others.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right when your order is a production order. But mine is a process order.

In OPL8, we have option to maintain inspection types for production order types only.

When it comes to process order, this facility of selecting a particular inspection type for one order type is not available.

PS: Anyway, i cjecked my Rework order type also, and the inspection type field is already empty.

Please help me!

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this thread confirms your thoughts. It might give you some ideas as well.

The user exit suggested in the thread might be your only option.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Are you creating rework order w/o material through Co07? if this is the case then no inspection lot will be created.

Regards,

Anil