SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPCPL document reversal and error recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In the current project ( FS-CD) there is requirement to reverse (FP08) the clarification posting(FPCPL) that arise from payment lots and send the clarification posting details to front end system from where they are sending the bank file. THey dont want to clarify anything in FPCPL. the data needs to be resend from front end again after making changes for payment lot postings.

Please suggest the best way to do this.

Regards,

CV

3 REPLIES 3

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To preserve the integrity of the Payment Lot and its associated Reocnciliation Key, I would not suggest "Reversing" the Clarified items.

What you could do is to configure a Short Account Assignment to a dedicated "Missing Payments" G/L Account (obtained from the business).

Then you could clarify the clarified item/s by doing a Transfer Posting to the configured Short Account Assignment above.

That way Finance would know the value where the missed payments on a monthyly basis.

You could do the above in a custom batch program, and in the process produce an output file of the clarified items to be sent back to the front-end system. You probably would need to talk to your technical people about the file movement (i.e. SFTP, etc.) .to the other system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

HI Ivor Martin,

Thanks for the update. Can you please elaborate further on this. The requirement is not to manually do anything on the clarification cases in the system. Instead send them as errors to the front end system. Then front end system again sends us the correct file which will be processed through FPB3.

Request you to send me step by step process to be followed as per your solution.

Regards,

CV

0 Kudos

Hi,

After your Payment Lot transfer (FPB3) , you can use program RFKKUMBKL read the documentation for this program). Here you can transfer clarified items to a dedicated (pre-configured) G/L Account.

It would be advisable to run it in background mode.

You will have to configure a transfer posting GL Account to be used - the output log can then be exported to a list to be sent to the front-end system.

The config for the Short Account Assignment for transfer postings is in the Contract Account Receivable and Payable path as follows:

Business Transactions-> Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments-> Define Short Account Assignments for Transfer Postings

Regards,

Ivor M