cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP session timeout on a particular machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope I am posting into appropriate forum. I am using SAP GUI on my laptop with the following properties :

Final Release 710
PL 14

SYSTEM INFORMATION:   
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7601)
Service Pack 1

The issue is, after I login, if session remains ideal for even 2 Mins, it times out. If I login with the same user id on same server on some other machine, the session persist for the entire day!

I have set the power and sleep option in control panel to 'Never' and still the problem persists. It has to be machine specific setting.

Can anybody guide?

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Binita,

You should be using 7.20 GUI now.

7.10 has been out of support since last April,and the patch you are using for Windows 7 is not

supported.

Windows 7 is only supported from patch 15 of the 7.10 Gui.

[66971 Supported SAP GUI platforms|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971]

regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude, Thanks a lot. I have upgraded the GUI to 7.2 and following is the version info:

SAP Logon for Windows
   720 Final Release
   Patch level 0

Now, it has improved the timeout considerably, now my session expires at the interval of around 10 min. But I am unable to understand how on other other machine, the session never expires throughout the day!!

Thanks,

Binita

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Binita,

You should apply the latest patch to the PC, (patch 10).

Which can be downloaded from:

http://service.sap.com/patches

Browse our Download Catalog

SAP Frontend Components

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.20 CORE

Win32

Are you using VPN on this machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude, Thanks for the reply,

I have upgraded to PL 10 and there is no VPN on my machine. then too, the same problem persists. session times out within no more than ten min.

any more suggestions? I strongly feel something is wrong with my laptop's setting which has got nothing to do with SAP.

Thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody suggest to check more options? I have upgraded to 7.2 PL 10. Power sleep options are set as 'Never'. Firewall is not active. anything else could be done? it simply logouts GUI with return code -6 after 4-5 mins.

Thanks,

Binita

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Binita,

Are you getting a GUI notification when it gets timed out?

What's the setting in RZ11 for rdisp/max_hold_time and rdisp/gui_auto_logout ?

The recommended parameters are given in note

[74141 Resource Management for tRFC and aRFC|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/74141]

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude for all the help!

the real culprit was antivirus. I added SAPGUILOGON exe to the Anti-hacker's list of Kesparsky antivirus. and it resolved!!

Thanks,

Binita

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

thanks for updating Binita, I never would have guessed that would be the cause.

Jude