cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_WIS_30270

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP BO 4.0 SP2 in windows 2008 R2 64bits.

Also, in that server i have installed oracle client 11g 64bits and java jdk 6 u29 64bits.

I can't open any sample webi document. Also when i try to create a new webi document with no datasource, the error is the same in both cases.

On the other hand, i try to install several patches like 6 or the last one Patch 10 from 5th January, but it didn't help to solve this problem.

The error is:

An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:127)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:94)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServer.init(InstanceServer.java:82)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.InstanceServerServiceImpl.createServer(InstanceServerServiceImpl.java:90)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.createServerCallerReader(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:651)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.internalNewDocument(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:589)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.newDocument(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:111)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.document.DocumentAccessCommonImpl.createDocument(DocumentAccessCommonImpl.java:85)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContext.createDocument(SessionContext.java:256)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewDocTaskInfos.createNewDocument(NewDocTaskInfos.java:67)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlankDocTask.java:56)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlankDocTask.java:25)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask.doInBackground(WebITask.java:113)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:238)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler.java:121)

... 21 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerException: Exception caught:ASFException:[repo_proxy 23] FolderFacade::getRootFolderInfo - check rights has failed One or more arguments are invalid.(hr=#0x0)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHandler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonRequestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequestHandler.java:236)

... 22 more

I would appreciate any help

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is unexpected.. You can't open any document, nor create a new one? ... sounds like an installation/deployemnt problem.

Or your webi processing servers aren't Up and running?

What can you do if you chose the BILaunchPad preference > WebI > View mode = WEB

and View a sample doc using the HTML viewer, rather than the Java edit mode?

Regards,

H

p.s. i'm going to move this thread to the Platform ADmin space.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

In my case, the solution was simple: The Web Intelligence Rich Client must be on the same versión and SP Level as the BO Platform you are connecting to (Otherwise the error will arise randomly)

Hope this work for you.

Best regards,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Miguel. For us it was indeed the mis-match of Client and Server version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Finally, I've found a solution.

I had to do two actions:

1. The regional settings on Windows 2008 must be in English (UK). I'm spanish and my W2k8 was configured with the spanish regional settings. So I changed the regional settings to English UK

2. In the CCM (Central Configuration Manager). I've changed one parameter in the Server Intelligence Agent Properties. The checkbox Log on System Account was marked, I unmarked that and I put manually the Administrator account and the password.

Regards,