Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing (Administrator Personalization) of Component-defined Attributes

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a configuration controller and a configuration. I can set values to its context attributes on configuration tab Component-Defined. Then I start my configuration-application in customization mode sap-config-mode=X and I expect to be able to customize (administrator-personalize), that is, overrun the values from the configuration. However, in Settings for Current Configuration popup I see only view UI elements, not context attributes of configuration controller.

How can I get to customize attributes of configuration controller and overrun configuration settings?

Thanks in advance!

KR,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

first of all, I would like to clear up something. There are three 'levels' of customizing considering personalization in WDA. First and lowest Level is the end user Personalization, second level is the adminitrative personalization, third and deepest level is the component and application configuration. To mix these three up together does not make sense.

Please take a look at these documents:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/bbbeac2b07296fe10000000a42189b/content.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b52e13c3-0901-0010-8fa6-d11a51821...

Now to your question:

However, in Settings for Current Configuration popup I see only view UI elements, not context attributes of configuration controller.

Correct. You can only manipulate UI-Elements with this.

How can I get to customize attributes of configuration controller and overrun configuration settings?

Why would you want to overrun configuration settings? If you want to alter Context attributes you should tend to the enhancement framework and do it programatically in my humble opinion.

Maybe I can help you with your problem if you explain detailed what exactly you are trying to accomplish. Or was this just a question for general understanding?

Cheers, Lukas

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Lucas,

Thanks for your reply!

First, I appologize - I wanted to correct my initial question with "...except by custom programming" addition, and also ask the last question: "Is it possible at all?". Then my post would be more clear. However, for some reason my update was not accepted and I didn't double check, so my post remaind in insufficient status, as you saw it.

I understand the "three-level" cusomizing concept and I am not mixing the levels. The basic principle of customizing is that lower levels can override deeper levels. For example, I can set header title "Igor's App" in configuration, but administrator can use sap-config-mode=X to customize (override) it to "Lucas' App" and finally, end user can set it to "Martin's App".

Well, I would like to do the same with configuration controller attribute values.

I know that I can program it myself and use IF_WD_PERSONALIZATION object to save and retreive those values. However, I was hoping to see something built-in with Settings for Current Configuration

Your wrote: "You can only manipulate UI-Elements with this."

If this is the case, this is also a valueable answer for me. It means that what I want is not possible.

Thanks!

KR,

Igor

Answers (0)