cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard background job is running after deleting a user also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

in my production system environment i observed below thing.

1)Default standard background jobs were scheduled by earlier basis admin after some days he left and his id also deleted but still some jobs are running with his id and finishing also, how is it possible without having his ID in system?

2) what is the standard procedure to schedule default standard bg jobs in SAP? either from sap* or DDIC or basis admin?

one more question regarding Audit logs:

1)can we activate audit log for selective ids and selective period?

2)if we activate audit log is there any performance issues will come?

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those standard jobs will be running with DDIC as user ,You can check from which user the program running going to the details of one job and checking in steps tab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

1)Default standard background jobs were scheduled by earlier basis admin after some days he left and his id also deleted but still some jobs are running with his id and finishing also, how is it possible without having his ID in system?

- Please cross check whether multiple jobs are scheduled with that user in different time period. If that user is defined in step then only that job fails otherwise it runs without any issues.

2) what is the standard procedure to schedule default standard bg jobs in SAP? either from sap* or DDIC or basis admin?

- Please go through the note suggested by Juan. I recommend to schedule with DDIC or Basis Admin.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your information and help me to solve.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the step of the job is running with a valid user the job wont be affected. The procedures for scheduling a job are defined in SAP note 16083, read the documentation.

About the security audit, You can use the filters in SM20 for that and No, it does not cause any performance problems as the data is writen to a plain text file at OS level, read the documentation.

Regards

Juan