Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structural authorizations: user is assigned to position but not getting SA

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a test user in a HR QAS system, and I want to assign a SA to it. In view T77UA, I see no entries for this user, so I think that means he is not assigned the SA. Normally, we use PPOM_OLD to assign the SA to a position, but this user is assigned to that position but not getting the SA. So, I thought to use OOSB to directly assign the SA, but since QAS is "not modifiable" OOSB doesn't work. Can you give me advice about how to assign an SA to this user please?

Regards,

Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have assigned the PD profile in PO13 and the table T77UA still does not reflect it, then run the program RHPROFL0 for the position. The table should get populated then.

Thanks,

Anindita

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have assigned the PD profile in PO13 and the table T77UA still does not reflect it, then run the program RHPROFL0 for the position. The table should get populated then.

Thanks,

Anindita

0 Kudos

Here's the weird thing... RHPROFL0 doesn't exist in the system. I tried finding it in SE38 but it's not there. Ever encountered that before?

0 Kudos

Well, it finished in Test mode. The log was huge. Hundreds of users were either yellow or Red traffic light. the one user I want to receive the SA was red. Is there some way to run this just for that user? Should I be worried about the huge list of other users?

0 Kudos

Is there some way to run this just for that user?

Yes. In RHPROFL0 enter the following:

Object Type: S (for Position)

Object ID: The position number.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

Thanks John.. It worked

If two users are assigned the same position, why would one have an extra SA than the other?

(I'm sorry, new to SA)

0 Kudos

Please check if the user assigned to the position is also assigned to any other position and that position have a SA assigned. By that way after execution of RHPROFL0, two SA got assigned to the user assigned to two different positions.

Also sometimes it happens that an user was assigned to a position having SA assigned. When the user was removed from that position, RHPROFL0 was not executed to remove SA from T77UA, that's why previous entry remained in the table and new entry for the same user got added from the new position.