cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message subject in seeburger sender AS2 adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I read few fourms regarding message subject in seeburger and in those below forum is related to my problem

like how we can identify different message types when we receive from partner

A) using AS2 ID and message subject

If we give message subject as * it will receive all the message but how to identify them as our partner is not providing message

subject.

I cant use splitter because my sender is sending XCBL data and splitter we can use when we go for EDI.

Can anyone please me how to identify different messagetype (like order response,ASN and invoice) without using message subject in AS2 sender adapter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member216353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In B2B scenarios, Generally when the partner is sending the date to PI, the partner uses a AS2 Connector software and in that software the partner can do the configuration for AS2 Message subject. Request the partner to switch ON this setting.

If the AS2 Connector is not supporting this config, then you can go for a different approach. The partner would definitely be creating the data at his side in the form of files and each file has a unique name like ORDERS_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.edi/xml

and you can use dynamic configuraiton in PI to read this file and further do the routing.

Please check this and let us know if this helps.

regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry for late reply..my partner accepted to send message subject...so its fine now.

But the I read blogs saying that we can do with interface determination but i didnt find proper answers for tht.

Is anyone please explain how it works with interface determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know the format. But if you have one communication channel per partner you can get all the messages in and then by looking at the content you can check what kind of message it is and route it accordingly. Either to a local folder where afterwards it is being picked up by the proper interface, or you can directly map it (and based on the conditions in the interface determination you can decide which map to apply).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Can anyone please me how to identify different messagetype (like order response,ASN and invoice) without using message subject in AS2 sender adapter

When message comes to PI, initially it goes to seeburger workbench, here based on the EDI type (ANSI X12 or EDIFACT or...), EDI Version (4010 or 4020 or...) and Signal (850 or 810 or ....) it determines the respective mapping (E2X or X2E) program, this is done by Classifier.

When we are sending outbound scenarios and using MDN option then message subject plays an important role. Once we send the outbound signal we can get the ack(997) signal, based on AS2ID and message subject it identifies the respective 997 inbouns scenario.

> I cant use splitter because my sender is sending XCBL data and splitter we can use when we go for EDI.

Seeburger is used if you are handling the EDI data but here you are using XCBL so you no need to use the seeburger adapters.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

True as I am not using EDI i can go with HTTP but our partner wants to use only seeburger.

Thanks for the information you gave but I read that blog as well.

Can you give any more suggestion plzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

> True as I am not using EDI i can go with HTTP but our partner wants to use only seeburger.

If you have FTP scenario then you can go for Seeburger FTP adapter, but without using EDI format using AS2 is not good idea.

So you can tell him the exact usage of seeburger to your parter/customer.

May be without using modules in com channel, we may use seeburger adapters (by sending xml data) but I never done such scenarios, so you can try for that scenario.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh