cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Retrieve a published universe unx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having problems when retrieving a published universe from Repository.

I was able to successfully create and publish the UNX universe and create a webi query. However, when I create a new project and try to retrieve the universe, I get the message "An error occurred while retrieving the universe." It brings in a subfolder into my project with the retrieval date and time and within the folder is the connection shortcut, data foundation, and business layer objects.

However the data foundation and business layer names are different, where they were originally published with spaces, the spaces are now replaced with %20. The business layer no longer works because the data foundation was renamed in the project, it is looking for the original name with the spaces. Can the unx files handle spaces in the names?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had the same issue.  After you get the error, you'll still see a .dfx and .blx file was retrieved and the spaces in the name were replaced with %20.  Simply rename these two files, changing the %20 back to actual spaces.  This worked for me.

Jeff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fault is two fold. Spaces on lower SP's in name cause and error. If you're on SP5, then try this:

Create a new Project, DO NOT GIVE IT THE SAME NAME as you have with any other previous project.

Try retrieve a published universe now, and it should work just fine.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marla,

Ouch, you're having some difficulties..

I'm curious to know what Patch level you are running on your BI 4.0 SP02 system ?

FYI - We have Patch2.11 since yesterday - readme here: http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735576&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

But i haven't seen an issue like your since the early days of BI 4.0 (pre SP02, if memory serves..)

Don't forget that both your Client and Server components need to be patched to the same level for interoperability purposes.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

We are on 4.0 SP02, build 364. I have confirmed that both the server & information design tool are on the same build number. I suppose it's time to call support unless you have any other ideas.

Thanks,

Marla

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the very first thing Support will tell you to do, is Upgrade

And I will too - because that SP02 plain build you are using doesn't benefit from 7 months of corrections, released every 3 weeks...

infact, I think build 364 is the pre-release version of SP02. (i.e. patched to sp2) you REALLY want a full-build installation of SP02 - much more reliable.

This BI 4.0 product was released "General Availability" on Patch2.5, so it's actually mandatory to be using that build as a baseline!

we have Patch2.11 now, much recommended.

Very best of luck.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Upgrading to 2.11 today

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, upgrading to Patch 11 did not solve this problem. I found note 1622530 that refers to ADAPT01574703 targeted to be fixed in a future patch. Also, I searched the SAP BO BI Suite 4.0 Patch2.11 Release Notes for ADAPT01574703 but nothing came up.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is targeted for Feature Pack 3 that is currently in ramp up.  There will not be a patch on top of SP02 that will include this fix.