cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Variant Configuarion for a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have most of my solution on VC for sales completed. I am having a small issue on one thing...and I would like to get some suggestions please.

We are not a true MTO site so this really is not a MTO scenario...but there is a requirement to use some of the functionality of VC for the different software options...everything works great except one thing. I have one of my items (this is a power cord and can be a 110 or a 220) that I have as a K class and a stock item(L) and I have the material numbers listed for this in CL24N; all the classes and characteristics, etc are set up. CU50 works correctly, My Class type for this is 300. The sales order works great, etc...my issue is when I post goods issue fo ra sales order, the power cord item does not get reduced in inventory and I need it to. The item does not show up on the sales order, we want it like that; however the power cord needs to be reduced from inventory. Does anyone know a way around this without having to add it as an item in the sales order. We would like to keep it in the Variant Configuration selections.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Not sure if this may help, but have you checked the valuation class for the material? Also do check the account determination based on the valuation class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding, very appreciated. My valuation class and account assignment appear to be correct. If I use this item as a standard line item in the sales order, it will relieve inventory. Only when I am using it as a characteristic will it not relieve inventory, which is what I need it to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim - when you mention characteristics, do you enter it on the item in VA01? Not sure how do you use characteristics. From my understanding characteristics are assigned to classification and classification assigned to the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to think/guess here.

How about your schedule line, is it assigned correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Phillip

I figured this out on my own and it was something so simple. I think I was making it more difficult. I added the sub item item category to my TAC item category and selected in the BOM to make this sales relevant.

Answers (0)