Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Value Fields Not Displaying on Windows XP / Adobe Reader 10+

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some PDF forms for invoices. At the bottom of the forms, there is a table with various totals (items total, discount total, restocking fee, etc).

This is a pretty strange one to me. Here is what I am seeing:

If the dollar amount is negative in those totals, the dollar value will not show up. It's only negative values, but it's consistent across all fields in this totals table. I've confirmed this by manipulating values in the debugger. So we would expect the table to look like this:

Items Total: 10.00 USD
Discount:    -1.00 USD
Amount Due:   9.00 USD

Instead we see:

Items Total: 10.00 USD
Discount:          USD
Amount Due:   9.00 USD

Even stranger, this only happens in our quality and production environments, not in our development environment. It only happens when the user chooses to print preview, not if the output is triggered in the background.

To further add to the confusion, it does not happen on Adobe Reader 9 or lower. It does not happen on Windows 7. This problem is reproducible only if the user is running Adobe Reader 10 and Windows XP.

I'm reasonably confident this has something to do with ADS, but I don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the field type that has been assigned to display the value.

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

The amount field in the interface is CURR 15.

On the form, the amount field is a decimal field BUT this field is hidden. The display field is defined as:

Thanks,

Bryan