cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM 7 NW 7.2 compsition enviornment (On-premises) questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are planning to upgrade our current CLM 5.1 to version 7 NW 7.2. We have quite few configurations and scripts in the current version. I know CLM 7 looks completly different from version 5.1 and SAP has introudced many new functionalities, mainly the integration with ERP and SRM ( we dont use any of these functionalities).

When SAP says CLM is powered by NW, does this mean we gonna have a web interface (CLM) and an SAP GUI interface that we login to and re-apply our configuration and scripts? What I need to know is how much of I change should I expect when it comes to re-applying the configuration and scripts? Am I going to have to do it in Web Dynpro ABAP? In CLM 5.1 all we have to do is login, go to setup and do all of our administration tasks.

I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

When upgrading from 5.1 to 7.0, the configurations such as extensions, page customization, etc and scripts should be upgraded as well. There should not be any manual steps required to make it work after upgrade to 7.0. In rare cases, you may have to update the import statements in your script definitions. There is no backend in Sourcing. All the configurations are done via the UI, same as 5.1. Sourcing does not use Web Dynpro. Hope this helps.

Btw, Sourcing 7.0 is currently supported on NW CE7.11.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram, that was very helpful.

Answers (0)