cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill to party sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created a sales order for sales area 1000/10/00 ; all partner functions sold to, ship to & payer are in sales area 1000/10/00

i manually changed the bill to party which is created only for sales area 5000/50/00 . i could save the order system din't give any error message even though bill to is defined only for 5000/50/00 sales area.

i want to know is it a standard functionality that Bill to party can belong to different sales area than sales order sales area-

Pl suggest how we can prevent this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bill-to partner function serves only to define the address, the invoice should be sent to. It does not define who should pay the invoice. So it is possible to assign any existing customer as the bill-to, because it is jsut and address, however does not allow to assign a payer, which is not maintained in the sales area of the created sales order. So the logic is correct.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is standard. This is also useful when you deliver to different branches/plants but use HQ to pay. HQ can be the BP which sometimes can be in a different sales area.

I'm not sure if there is any standard configuration to block the employees from changing it, I tried looking for it but I can't find em. Last resort is to use an user exit on VA01.