cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance RAM values at SAP instalation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

I'm installing the Central Instance of SAP R3 4.7 Enterprise Edition and I'm having some trouble to determine some memory values.

The system that I'm installing now is a training system and in a near future there will be another systems (DEV and QA) in the same host of this training system. In the installation, SAPINST asks me the value of Instance RAM (MB) and I don't know wich value I have to input.

The system have about 147 users and the operational system is Linux

The sapinst calculated the total memory of the host with 32176 Mb and swap as 62511 Mb

Some questions:

1) How can I calculate the value for Instance RAM? (I,ve tried SAP quicksizing but did not work for me)

2)There is some parameter in SAP (RZ11) that corresponds to this value at installation?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sapinst calculated the total memory of the host with 32176 Mb and swap as 62511 Mb

Having 32Gb of RAM, you need to make sure theres enough RAM for your DB. I would use 50% (The goods of 16Gb's) to start with. You can always tweak the Memory distribution after the installation via profile parameters.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

Wich profile parameter in SAP reflects the amount of Instance RAM at the moment of installation?

I've searched and could no find nothing.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a basic question. Read the documentation on help.sap.com regarding Memory Management

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Voi there is no particular paramater which will tell you the amount of Instance RAM at the moment of installation..Please do as Juan suggested.