Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Not Registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW 7.1

MII 12.2

ECC 7.1

I am currently setting up the SAPMEINT in MII and I am looking at setting up the Message Listener for MII and registering the RFC in the ECC. I am posting this in the MII forum because I am using the "How to send an iDoc from ECC to MII" documentation and believe that there is an abundance of experience related to my issue. If I need to post this in the ERP or ME forum, please advise.

Using tCode SM59, created a new TCP/IP

Destination: MII_IDOC

Connection Type: T

Registered Server Program checked

Program ID: XMIIIDOC02

Communication Type: Unicode checked

On the MII side,

I set up the Resource Adapter, XMIIIDOC02 and it is fully available.

Now, coming back to ECC (SM59), I am ready to test the connection. Here is my issue. I am getting an error that the RFC is not registered. I talked to my basis guy and reviewed both the ECC and MII configurations and says that both are set up properly. My question to everyone is has anyone experienced this and what is the solution to this issue?

Also, reviewing the error logs in Netweaver shows no errors.

Test Error details:

Logon: Connection Error

Error Details: Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details: ERROR: program XMIIIDOC02 not registered

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor

Hi Chip,

Just going to verify a couple of things:

What do you have set for the ProgID in NW for XMIIIDOC02? Make sure that there are the same number of "I"s in XMIIIDOC02 both ECC and NW. Should be three of them (or at least the ProgID in SM59 should exactly match what you entered for the ProgID in NW).

And what service pack is your NW 7.1 up to? Should be at least SP5, but check the installation instructions for 12.2 (and what SP is 12.2 on?).

While I don't think there is anything special to the SAPMEINT set up, I would recommend going through their instructions to verify that. And posting on the ME Forum is not a bad idea either. I monitor the ME board as well as this one, but there are different skillsets and, more importantly, different experience backgrounds in the two forums.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using XMIIIDOC02 and even though the third I is troublesome, this has been corrected and verified early in the process. We are currently using NW 7.1 SP05 and MII 12.2.2 Build 228. I will go ahead and post this in the ME section hoping this triggers more insight to this issue.

Thanks!!

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chip

Please check that the Sap gateway Server and Port are specified correctly in SM59. Check TCode SMGW to find the correct Gateway Host and Port. Also ensure that the same is mentioned correctly in Resource Adapter settings.

Also please do a connection test from SM59 after the setup in Java is complete.

A final thing. In the NWA Resource Adapter setting there is a property called MaxReaderThreadCount. The value on this should be atleast 1. If this is 0 no threads are registered and hence the issue you mentioned.

Please check these and hopefully your issue will be resolved.

Regards

Partha

Former Member

A final thing. In the NWA Resource Adapter setting there is a property called MaxReaderThreadCount. The value on this should be atleast 1. If this is 0 no threads are registered and hence the issue you mentioned.

This solved it. My next question is what is the recommended thread count?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chip,

The setting depends upon the number of IDocs being received and the number of available threads from ECC. I generally recommend 5-10, but since they all get consumed/reserved immediately upon startup, you may want to start with 1 or 2 and only increase the number depending upon performance. If you set it too high (100 or more), you may lock up your NW system.

Regards,

Mike

former_member193328
Active Participant

Hi Chip

I would say the number to be 1 per IDOC type the listener receives. For example if your receiver receives LOIPRO, LOIWCS, LOIPLO then set the count to 3. Do not go over 10 as this will eat up connections to your ERP. The number also depends on the number of allowed RFC connections to your ERP Server.

Regards

Partha

Answers (0)