cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call stateful SOAP WebService with PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing a problem with calling a stateful webservice. In the scenario pi has to call a stateful soap webservice.

Therfore as i thought we need 5 calls.

1. connect to webservice (parameter: username, pwd)

2. Create Port (no parameter)

3. use operations (update employee data)

4. release port

5. release webservice

i think this scenario i can handle with bpm in pi but i am not sure.

Are there some hints or references you could give me.

many thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the informations i additional found out are:

1. the connect to the Webservice has a requestmessage but no response message

2. the create port operation has noch request and response message. in the soap envelope Header ther is a field for UUID

3. the operation ist normal message with request response

4. the release port operation is similar to 2 (no request response message)

5. the release webservice operation is also similar to 2...

many thanks

Michael

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question: Are you looking for real time Synchronous (request and response) soap scenario or Stateful context messaging? If you want to do real time then you can achieve this without BPM. But if you want stateful context messaging, the only option is to go with ccbpm.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are they really a stateful web services, or just a set of independent web services that you need to call sequentially, while being sure that always the previous WS was called successfully? If the latter is the case, then ccBPM should match your requirement. You can learn more about BPM in PI in SAP training course BIT 430 (SAP NetWeaver PI Business

Process Management). You can also google on that or search SDN, as this has been discussed many times there. For instance you can find some useful information here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Greg