cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE path import parameter not working with WebDynprABA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am using standard SAP RFC "ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE" to create an Archive file id, this RFC has one of the import parameter called PATH with associated type as SAPB-SAPPFAD.

In Web Dynpro ABAP application , I am getting the user uploaded desktop path to provide as one of the parameter for this RFC and it doesn't work where as same RFC works fine and accept the user desktop path if I execute this RFC directly from ECC.

Why this RFC doesn't accept path from users desktops when we run this via Web Dynpro ABAP application ?

in general what is the best approach? I have a work around like If I upload initially to SAP Application server like a directory from AL11 and I can read form there but is that a best approach or am I increase the complexity?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the FM is somehow using SAP-GUI related functionalities and won't work in a web application (not sure). The best approach would be an UI-Element FILE_UPLOAD in my opinion and proceed with the archiving having the file stored in a binary file in the WDA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for your input, are there any standard SAP FM to solve this purpose?

Thanks

Krish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having the same problem, It looks like the file needs to be uploaded to the server in the first step. Thean you can upload it using the said function module

Regards,

Uwe