cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRFC Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an existing scenario where R/3 sends some idocs via trfc port using RFC destination to another sap system called BO DI.

At their side they use the following parameters to connect to R/3 system

RFC Programid

Username

Password

SAP Application Server Name

Client Number

System Number

SAP Gateway Hostname

SAP Gateway Servicename

I would like to introduce PI in this scenario.

These are my clarifications.

1. By using TRFC port between R/3 to BO DI SAP system, how does the IDOCS been received or sent i.e which format, which call

2. If i use PI in this scenario, I assume we need to use IDOC as sender adapter, what adapter do i need to use in the receiver

3. Will there be any conversions since the receiving system receives the same metadata as of sender system. If there are no conversions, what would happen from IDOC-XML to RFC-XML.

I am bit confused on the basics. Please shed some light on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>1. By using TRFC port between R/3 to BO DI SAP system, how does the IDOCS been received or sent i.e which format, which call

XML IDOC - rfc call with IDOC adapter

>>>2. If i use PI in this scenario, I assume we need to use IDOC as sender adapter, what adapter do i need to use in the receiver

no need to use IDOC sender adapter (for receiving messages from DI) , IDOC as a receiver to send messages to DI

>>>3. Will there be any conversions since the receiving system receives the same metadata as of sender system. If there are no conversions, what would happen from IDOC-XML to RFC-XML.

you will receive IDOCs XML - if DI can send IDOCs

BTW

don't confuse adapter with a port (RFC port is being used for IDOC adapter for sending/receiving IDOCs)

RFC adapter is for RFC calls

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the replies.

I am a bit concerned as I dont know much about SAP BO Data Services. All I can see is a web console which has RFC client configurations with the details.

I am even not sure whether it has any backend systems. The person dealing confirmed that he will receive the idoc structure as same as of R/3.

But Data services is an ETL tool which further sends those to other systems like BW.

If i use receiver idoc adapter, then the receiving system should have backend where they can view all idocs isn't?

Am i missing something here?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use a sender IDoc adapter and receiver IDoc adapter. You can change the IDoc control data (like: sender and receiver system) in PI by adequate configuration. See for example here for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope you'll find this useful,

Greg