cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SAP choose about what SUT to take.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I am trying to find out how SAP choose one Storage Unit Type or the other.

Let's say I have the Storage for picking with a material stored in different bins one stored in PAL and the other bin contains the same material but stored in PLT.(twice quantity than a PAL)

I run out of stock and need to replenish the material for the picking storage , then I run LP21 to create a TO.

What will be the SUT for replineshment PAL or PLT?. WHy?, it its somewhere a setting or strategy indicating SAP to ask the material in one Storage type first than others?

Thanks for helping me out.

Al.

Edited by: agmogena on Jan 26, 2012 1:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in below path

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>Strategies>Activate Storage Type Search

It should pick as per your configuration in above node.

Some help on this

Activate Storage Type Search

For putaway or pick operations, the Warehouse Management System (WMS) must know:

into which storage types materials can be placed

from which storage types materials can be removed

In the WMS, a storage type is determined as follows:

1. In the case of a putaway, you generally know where the material for the putaway is coming from. In the case of a pick, you generally know to where the material to be removed is to be transferred.

Information on the location from where the material is to be picked is either stored in the transfer requirement or determined by the system using the WM movement type.

2. The system must then know into which storage type the material should be placed, or from which storage type the material should be removed. The table "Storage type search", which you are setting here, provides this information. In this table, you store the preferred sequence of storage types to be searched for the material for putaways or picks.

If you have activated the storage unit check, this check also influences the storage type search. In this case, the storage unit type from the transfer order is also checked against the allowed storage units per storage type. The system finds this information via the table "Allowed storage unit types / storage type", which you are also setting here.

For further information on this subject, refer to the chapter Storage type search.

3. Furthermore, you can influence the storage type search using other indicators:

process indicator (for example, stock placement or removal)

storage type indicator from the material master

stock category indicator

special stock indicator

storage class

water pollution class (WPC)

reference movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sridhar for replying but I think you are talking about strategies of searching from where to take the material and where to store for putaway. The system is working fine at his point.

The question is: imagine I have the same material stored in a block TA in two different SUT, lets say PAL= 2000 UN and PLT 4000 UN

In the other hand I have in the TA picking same material also stored in PAL and PLT.

When the TA picking needs a replinesment for this material looks for it on the block storage following the search strategies.

Let's say I need 4000 UN for picking replineshment, the system, is going to ask for 4 PAL(1000 UN) or 2 PLT(2000 UN)?.

Regards,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: agmogena on Jan 26, 2012 6:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check warehouse management-strategies-activate storage bin type search-assignments(storage unit type)-storage type.

Regards,

Suresh.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What unit of measure you are storing stock at your warehouse level .It can be defined warehouse views in material master.Check in material master.If it is PAL or PLT then system will pick the qty acording to UOM conversion defined in material master.Sytem will not pick excess qty ,It will looks always conversion factor then pick the qty .It will search storage type as per your configuration first (for e.g 001) storage type if you have PAL then it will pick as per qty conversion 4 (1000 UN) if the stock is not available 001 and it is available 002 then 2 PLT (2000UN).

It depends what is the unit of measure in delivery or picking uom system will convert what ever the UOM maintained in your warehouse to required qty.There should not be a any problem.Check in LS26 are you able to see different UOM in warehouse stock.I hope you will able to see one UOM measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some materials where in the material master record are defined both PLT and PAL. I am wandering if the order in wich are defined is relevant or not.

Regards,

Al

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is fine.Still system checks the delivery UOM and available UOM in warehouse it will converts the qty to to required delivery qty and creates the transfer order.

For Eg. If the delivery created 1500 UN then system checks first available storage type (eg 001) then it is confirms 1.5 storage unit PLT then if the material is not available first storage type and it is vailable 002 and it has PAL UOM qty then it will confirm .075 storage unit.

System will caluculate the qty UOM conversion and it will not give any impact while creting transfer order.

But you need to check the UOM conversion qty is same for PAL and PLT and it should not be a decimal qty.If it has decimal qty then you will have problem while picking.

For e.g 4 PAL(1000 UN) or 2 PLT(2001 UN) then you will get a problem.

Edited by: Sridhar Jayavarapu on Jan 27, 2012 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I understand, but what will happen if in Type Storage 001 there is same material available in two different bins, one for PLT and the other for PAL? wich one will take?.

Regards

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have defined storage type in SPRO right.Check in stock removable stratagy which value you have maintained .If it is FIFO then if PLT comes first then it will pick PLT or PAL it comes first then it will pick the PAL.

If system picks any UOM there is no problem for issueing the goods as system converts the UOM as per delivery qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I like this solution, let me review the case just to check I understood the behavior.

I have ST picking with material in stock in two different SUT PAL and PLT. If the stock goes below the minimun stablished in material master it will create a TO and search for the ST where there is stock available. If this Storage Type is managed following FIFO strategy we will get wathever comes first PLT or PAL (if quantities required are enough to fill up one PLT or 2 PAL for example).

.Regards

Edited by: agmogena on Feb 1, 2012 7:05 PM

Answers (0)