cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ParallelPeriod Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have BPC MS 7.5 in our environment and have and OLAP IDT connection for the universe created.

The OLAP IDT connection works fine and all the dimensions and measures come down fine.

We are however, looking at creating a new measure in IDT to work out the PriorYear(PYR) for the YTD/Periodic measures.

I am using the Following expression which does parse fine but when i use this measure in WEBI i get no results which shows it doesnt like the measure very much!

<Expression>ParallePeriod([Time].[H1].Currentmember,1,[Time].[H1].currentmeber)<expression>

<Expression>ParallePeriod([Time].[H1].Currentmember.level,1,[Time].[H1].currentmeber)<expression>

Both expressions dont give any results.

I hope someone could help us please!

Kind Regards

Perven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Edited by: Pervendren Naidoo on Jan 26, 2012 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

An Update

The Formula was out a bit and I was not calling the measure that it had to query against.

<Expression>(ParallelPeriod([Time].[H1].level,1,[Time].[H1].currentmember),[Measures].[YTD])<Expression>

This works as well when you bringing back prior YEAR but when you run it against the month, it brings back the prior Month but not the Prior Years month ie. if I select 2010 .JUN the measure brings back 2010.MAY not 2009.JUN.

To get the Prior Years MNTH just change the Period number from 1 to 12.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

Perven

Edited by: Pervendren Naidoo on Jan 26, 2012 2:23 PM

Edited by: Pervendren Naidoo on Jan 26, 2012 2:36 PM