cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro view on iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a web dynpro on the SAP Netweaver ( eRecruiting )

I'd like to show it on my ipad browser ( Safari) but it doesn't work.

It works on the IE 7 but not on Safari?

Can someone explain me why? And if i have another chance to fix it!

Thanks,

Hassan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at the Product Availability Matrix at https://service.sap.com/pam for browser compatibility. iOS Safari isn't listed which means it's not (currently) supported

However, normal Web Dynpro Java applications should run just fine on an iPad, not sure about eRecruiting though (aren't these Web Dynpro ABAP based?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

Is there a way to find out what kind of web dynpro is e-Recruiting?

Thanks,

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/45/a4f6ccee9952f5e10000000a1553f7/content.htm it's most likely Web Dynpro ABAP

But since I'm no E-Recruiting expert, you might get a more solid answer in the HCM / E-Recruiting subforum

Cheers,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right. Seems like an abap development.

Do you develop Web Dynpros? I think about then to create a own webpage for this eRecruiting.

Do you think it is a lot of work? Anyway i think i could use the BAPIs which eRecruiting use as well, right?

Hassan

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Difficult to say... if you just need to display some static content, then it may be fairly simple. If you want to mimic the complete E-Recruitment suite, then it's an awful lot of work

You could indeed use BAPI's to interact with E-Recruiting and your custom development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it is just the interview process.

The user has to see the applications for his opened job offers.

Then he could invite the applicant to an interview or just decline him.

What do you think about that?

Thanks

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I understand it would be a rather straightforward approval application, so I believe this development could certainly be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support.

Do you prefer some software to build this app?

Do i need to build it in the netweaver?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case you will need NWDS (NetWeaver Developer Studio) and a Web Dynpro Java developer in order to build this application, which will eventually run on NetWeaver indeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for your help. I have just a last question.

SAP web dynpro abap doesn't work at all with safari, right?

On the IE7 it works.

Thanks.

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IIRC, Safari on Mac is supported, however not yet on mobile devices

See also (may be a bit outdated)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have recently tried using WebDynpro (SAP Plant Maintenance) on iPAD, it works really great.

I see this posts are from 2012 and that time WebDynpro was developed as desktop version only and SAP was not supporting it on Safari, however things have changed now with Net weaver W7.03/7.31  SP9 and with SAP Net weaver  7.40 SP4, SAP Offers support of running WebDynpro in Safari on iPAD. My users are really delighted with this function.