cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date to be current date in order related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am creating invoice for maintenance contracts which have periodic billing. if the billing plan is from 01.01.2012- 31.01.2012 and billing date is 01.02.2012, when the user is creating invoice on say 24.01.2012..the system is picking billing date as future date(01.02.2012).For the same biling plan, last year system was picking the date on which invoice was raised.

Why the system is not picking the current date .Can any one advise ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There can be few possibilities:

- Whether any there is any change in pricing date.

- Whether the system is taking billing date maintain in periodic billing plan line item.

For this you can do 2 this:

- Either you can manually change the billing date while creating the doc.

- For future use make sure in your copying control VTFA, you have routine 11 for Data VBRK(Header)/VBRP(Item). This will make sure that Billing Date= Document creation date

Regards

JP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For this you can put the date in two ways

1. Put the Current date while PGI

2. You can put the date manually while VF01

Sanjay Avade

Sap SD Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered as I need more clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes JP is right , resolved the issue by using 011 routine , however this has led to other implication now the client has a other maintenance contract with periodic billing plan with more than 1000 line items , while creating invoice , no accounting docs were posted , so we changed the routine to 006 .

Dilemma : If 006 routine is used , invoice is split based on 800 line items as per criteria we mentioned , however this has resulted in future billing date for other contracts as the issue I mentioned in the beginning.

If i use 011 routine then the system will not create accounting docs for more than 999 line items .

so how to tackle this situation ?? If i need to develop a new routine what advice i give to technical consultants??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the contract, under the tab Billing Plan, whatever date is maintained under Billing Date, it will be your billing date irrespective of when you create a billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Laksmi