cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing remaining capacity for work center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS experts, could you please provide your advice with a problem I have below.

I planned a internal activity for 40 hrs. The activity dates are 2011.12.01 to 2012.02.29.

In 2011, the capacity report CM07 correctly distributed the hours evenly between Dec-2011 and Feb 2012.

No confirmations have been posted.

Now in January-2012, when I re-run the CM07 and look at remaining hours by period, the distribution is NOT even.

It has 35 hrs in Jan, and 5 hrs in Feb.

The only way we have found to resolve this is by creating a confirmation, even with ZERO hours.

Once that's done, the distribution is correct. I can re-create the error by cancelling the orignal confirmation.

SAP seems to be "shoveling" the hours to the next logical month(s), but with no distribution.

Can you please advise on how to resolve, without having to enter a ZERO confirmation?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Zhenbo, I appreciate your advice and reccommendation to look at note 151551.

I was able to resolve my issue by enabling the 'Flexible' checkbox on the parent activity and putting a 60 day value.(lenght of the activity)

This allowed the sub element to re-adjust correctly in capacity planning.

Thanks, points awarded

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am not sure, what do you expect the hours or capacity should be distributed.

The standard distribution logic works in the following.

remaining capacity = planned - actual

As long as there is no confirmation(no actual hours posted), the remaining is the same as the planned hours, independant on what date is today.

Now the amount of the remaining capacity is determined, we need a time-frame to distribute it, logically. The time-frame is determined with the distibution key. Typically are the earliest dates or latest dates. So check, which earliest dates and latest dates the involved activity has.

The confirmation affect the actual working hours and the scheduling, that means the earliest dates and the lates dates, => the confirmation affects the distirbution time frame => the confirmation affect the distribution.

The consulting note 151551 should be (still) useful.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo