cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS (WDA) CATS Data Entry Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am setting up and prototyping ESS EHP5 (WDA) and got this issue with Record working time (CATS):

Error Details

Technical Exception Technical Exception not available.

Error Description Profile not found.

I maintained User parameter CVR and leave it blank, not sure what is the proper value for the data entry profile. There are multiple profiles in the system. i created the ESS profile. I also did customizing steps in IMG. My user is attached to a employeed record in 0105.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. I think you are right.

There are data entry profiles already created by client. I didn't see the ESS default so I created one called ESS. They all cause system dumps when I set CVR to the profile names. Do I need to generate them after creating and saving. Pls kindly show me how to do this as I didn't find anything to activate or generate on the Change View Detail or Overview screens for Cats data entry profile.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there is no activation required, you can just save a profile in CAC1 copy from the standard and enter that in the CVR parameter for the user in Su01.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/30/e67780e37f4f5a90105a9e9205660f/frameset.htm

for multiple profiles in EHP5

You can enable employees select from multiple data entry profiles on the Record Working Time screen, by setting the MULTIPLE_PROFILE parameter to X. You can use BAdI: Data Entry Profile Filter (HRESS_CATS_PROFILE_FILTER_ENH) to control the list of profiles that appears to the employee.

You can make the relevant Customizing settings for Record Working Time under Employee Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP) Service-Specific Settings Working Time Record Working Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the "Profile not found" error when I click on Record Working Time. Currently I set CVR to X. If I set it to blank or the name of the profile (such as ESS), I got a system dump and this error.

Syntax error in program CL_XSS_CAT_1_APPLICATION_CORE=CP

any configuration or authorizatiion missing?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I remember, you do not put 'X' to CVR. Instead you should enter the name of the data entry profile there. (In capitals)

-Krishna

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna does have a point there. If you do not specify a Profile in CRV it will default to the SAP standard profile. And if the SAP standard profile is NOT generated it will dump. Can you check this?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

interesting. "Profile not found" actually indicates a profile parameter missing, i.e. CRV in particular. But you said you maintained it.. can you elaborate when exactly the error occurs, at what step?

Probably useful material:

SAP-Note: 793609

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/64/400533470211d189720000e8322d00/content.htm

Cheers, Lukas