cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMC_BC SP9 failing during NW04s upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an upgrade from NW04 (EP) to NW04s, I binded all the SP9 packages. During the DEPLOY_ONLINE phase, all of them succeed with either 'info' or 'warning' status with the exception of just one:

Error: Aborted: development component 'com.sap.netweave

r.bc.db'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0009.20060804134857.0000'/'3', grouped by :

No further description found.

and then at the end of the log:

Error: Aborted: /usr/sap/put/PD1upg/data/archives/KMCBC

09_0-10003491.SCA

I tried removing the deployment definitions for KMC in the ApplPackLists.xml file in the /config directory of the install directory, but when I re-ran the phase it failed with the same problems. I'd rather just remove this module from the upgrade, but can't find anywhere else to undefine it without re-starting the upgrade and not selecting them in the binding phase of prepare.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just applied note 978042 and it solved the problem.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is looking good, but where to put the sql script, in which folder should the script be placed to execute the command?

Hi - Solved the executing part:) Long time since I used Oracle....

Regards

Kay-Arne

Message was edited by: Kay-Arne Aarlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if note 978042 is relevant. In the logs there should be a prior error message during handling of index 'KMC_AP_IHR'.

Regards,

Nathan Swenson

J2EE Development Support

SAP Labs - Palo Alto, CA (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that note helped

thx nathan

edit: my mistake, note mentioned above solved the problem

Message was edited by: Michal Plandor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you found a resolution to this one. I'm having the same exact problem.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, SAP has been very slow to respond to this issue (and others) regarding this EP 6 to NW04s upgrade. I tried something on my own -

In the install directory --> data/archives -

Remove the references to KMCBC, KMCCOLL, KMCM in DEPLOYAUSF.LST and also in the ComponentCatalog.xml file. Then rerun the phase. This will have it skip it all together.

The portal now is upgraded, and I will have to troubleshoot updating those archives with JSPM at some point. I don't really need them now anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd have the same problem and I'm not upgrading the EP 6.0 to NW2004s, I'm upgrading EP 7.0 SPS08 to SPS09.

I've posted a message describing the error and I see the problem that this message is about and I can see that is the same problem mine.

The problem is that EP 7.0 wasn't working with package KMC_BC SPS08 and the another one at level SPS09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would make sense then because this is happening during the upgrade in the stage where it tries to bind the SP9 SCAs to the process. I won't even try to apply these until there is an SAP resolution.