Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACL Use in SAP ECC

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to use ACL in ECC (not in Easy DMS). I have activate the ACL and relevant authorization tab also appears for the DIRs.

But one issue, we are facing in all DIRs. ACL is not getting activated by defaukt for DIRs. We need to click on Authorization tab to activate ACL.

Am I missing any configuation? Can ACL be activated automatically without click on Authorizaton tab?

Please guide.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

no, the behavior is correct. In the standard there should not be an initial ACL entry from the beginning because several customers complained about it. The problem is that such an iniital ACL Admin entry would be created for the creating userID and so all other users were no longer able to handle this document info record.

So we decided that ACL entries have to be created only if the user navigates to the authorization tab and creates the initial Admin authorization.

Best regards,

Christoph

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the answer.

Is there any BaDI available which can be implemented so the users do not have to click on Authorisation tab?

Regards

Amit

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

generally I think that the BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with methods BEFORE_SAVE or AFTER_SAVE should be a possible

point where such a check could be implemented.

From standard point of view I cannot advise you to influence the ACL assignment behavior. If you want to implement such a functionality then please test it very carefully.

Best regards,

Christoph

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit, did you manage to do this?

Regards, Matt

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

No, I have not yet tried the option suggested by Christoph.

Regards

Amit

Answers (0)