Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use BPM - concepts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to ask you opinion.

At the moment we have to transfer order data from an SQL dbase towards SAP CRM.

The orderdata is stored in multiple tables at the SQL side.In order to group everything, 2 views are created: header view and item view. The item view and header view are related to each-other via an id (1headerview will have multiple related itemviews).

Inside XI I do a select on the headerview and I retrieve a table with headerviews. Then I go into a BPM. Inside the BPM I loop over the table, select the appropriate itemviews , do some mappings, push the data to CRM and set the appropriate status value inside the SQL table (order created correctly or not).

My question now is: should I use BPM for this or is my concept wrong.

BPM should be used for connecting different systems. I am just connecting 2 systems and this is maybe achiveable in a better way.

I use BPM for:

1) retrieving data out of 1 source system in multiple steps (LOOP over the headers and retrieve items)

2) set status in SQL

I think it is the easiest way to get what I needed, but I don't know whether it is the best... .

Anyone any advice?

Kind regards

Joris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your complete requirement is this, you can avoid BPM.

Select data from both the table in a single select statement. It is possible to select one header and all corresponding line items with a single select querry.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this thread, where the same problem was discussed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This already gives me an idea on how to retrieve the input in one big table.

This leaves me with still one question (second raison why I used BPM).

STEP01: select all records with status = OK

--> set status of these records to IN PROCESSING

STEP02 --> creation of orders in CRM

STEP03 --> change status of records to PROCESSED OK or to PROCESSED FAILED, depending on how CRM processed them.

Can I also solve this problem without BPM.

Kind regards

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are doing it as a single scenario you have to use BPM and you cannot avoid it. But one work around is you can split this into two scenarios.

1. STEP01 and STEP02

2. STEP03

It totally depends on how you design it.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

And breaking this into two scenarios would allow you to use an asynch message to create the order and get the results back separately. You will have better success with asynch calls (restartable in SWPR).